UK Members Meet Up 2012

A few of us over on IRC would really like to meet up over the summer in the UK. I want to open it up to the rest of Neowin. We were thinking perhaps somewhere in the middle of the country perhaps Oxford, but we are open to suggestions.

If you are interested post in this thread and we will see how many people we have interested.

----

After seeing the poll results, London on the 18th August is unanimous!

London - 18th August - 12:00 - outside the Covent Garden Apple Store!

Mark it in your diaries!

Edited by Jan
Added date.

There will be a choice between cake or death.

Oh you!

On a serious note, it'll probably involve drinking, and I can't legally be served yet, so sadly that counts me out from the hilarities.

Not everyone will be drinking, but yes perhaps when you're 18? I'm not sure how well it would go down with work if I was seen in a pub with a 16 year old :p

Oxford is boring, just ask DaveLegg. :p

Oh you!

On a serious note, it'll probably involve drinking, and I can't legally be served yet, so sadly that counts me out from the hilarities.

Neowin meetup without alcohol? If I were to go I would make sure that wouldn't be the case.

Ah, pity it couldn't have been last week, I was in the UK :D drink some extra pints for me!

Not everyone will be drinking, but yes perhaps when you're 18? I'm not sure how well it would go down with work if I was seen in a pub with a 16 year old :p

Pfft, I can pass for someone on their way to university if I wear something smart, but point taken none the less. :p

Oxford isn't really the middle of the country though. Even if you're only count England, and include Scotland or Wales.

My home city of Manchester is much nearer the middle as long as you're taking all of the UK into consideration.

I say make it in NL, WAY easier to get to for me :p (and Neobond)

We've had meetups in NL, why not again, have they vanished?

Glassed Silver:mac

If it's in Manchester I'd find it particularly easy to meet peoples. Depending on my schedule anyway. :p

I think you should all walk around with a printed out version

of your display picture and sig pinned to your jacket

:p

You'd be easy to recognise with a Netscape logo attached to your jacket. Not sure about the animated comets though!

I probably wouldn't need to have my display picture (also my XBox Live avatar) attached to my jacket though. I've been

told that it looks about 90% like the real me anyway ... well, sort of!

I'll be in London this Saturday to take place in my 4th World Naked Bike Ride!

Join me :shifty:

On a serious note, I can easily do Birmingham and London.

Too many people I'd end up chinning. Oh wait, they're all American. Hmmmm maybe...

:laugh:

I think you should all walk around with a printed out version of your display picture and sig pinned to your jacket :p

There should be a rule: The entire length of the get-together, everyone has to refer to everyone else as their username only :D

Oh, and there will be no cake, the cake is a lie