UK Members Meet Up 2012

London ... meh! So much for the middle of the country as suggested in the OP. What about any Neowin members

up in Scotland that might be interested in attending? They'll have to travel 400-500 miles or more to get there!

I'm suddenly reminded of a once popular catchy song from the 1980's by a certain Scottish pop-duo . . . !

If we tried to please everyone, it would never progress.

London ... meh! So much for the middle of the country as suggested in the OP. What about any Neowin members

up in Scotland that might be interested in attending? They'll have to travel 400-500 miles or more to get there!

I'm suddenly reminded of a once popular catchy song from the 1980's by a certain Scottish pop-duo . . . !

If we tried to please everyone, it would never progress.

Yeah so screw the northerners :p (I agree something middle of the road might have been the better option though)

London is good for me in all honesty so will subscribe in to this thread.

Yeah so screw the northerners :p (I agree something middle of the road might have been the better option though)

London is good for me in all honesty so will subscribe in to this thread.

London is the only worthwhile place to go.

Oh that'd I'd like to see...

"Hello, we are from NeoWIN and we set this place as our meeting point..."

Apple Store guy: "Oh-kaaaay........"

whistles to colleagues: "They have arrived, pick your weapons!"

Glassed Silver:mac

That would be pretty amusing to see.

In reality, you'll find much cordiality and the most you'll accomplish is changing a few Safari homepages to Neowin or splashing on some Neowin logo wallpaper. Like we did. ;)

I know most people hate the idea of going to London, but we want to try and get everyone to go! I think the 18th August would be a good date, so could we see how many people could make it on the 18th?

I know most people hate the idea of going to London, but we want to try and get everyone to go! I think the 18th August would be a good date, so could we see how many people could make it on the 18th?

Not most - some.

So - who can make it on Saturday 18th August?

No point in telling us if you can't make it, we just need to see how many people could turn up on the 18th to see if it's a worthwhile date.

nothing wrong with going to london, it's a fine city :)

I'm not trying to persuade anyone of changing their minds but I think London is too big (just for a day trip). Whenever I've been for a day before, I've wasted most of my time just getting around.

Hmm 18th is a feasible date. I've never ever been to London and I'm 25 or so. I've stopped in London and had to pay to have a wee (So I had to make the most of my 20p), that may or put me off ever going back to London tbh...

Hmm 18th is a feasible date. I've never ever been to London and I'm 25 or so. I've stopped in London and had to pay to have a wee (So I had to make the most of my 20p), that may or put me off ever going back to London tbh...

that's just at the london stations to stop tramps living in there!

After seeing the poll results, London on the 18th August is unanimous!

London - 18th August - 12:00 - outside the Covent Garden Apple Store!

Mark it in your diaries!

Heh, well the plan of getting more people involved backfired. I can't make that day (or any Saturday actually, unless I get another job, so I guess I was screwed ever since it was taken out of Vortex's hands for no reason). Maybe an IRC-only one next year then?

Whys everything always in London, yeah its the capital but wouldnt it make sense to make it central so people from the north don't have to travel 400 miles?

London is the only worthwhile place to go.

London is a ****hole.

Whys everything always in London, yeah its the capital but wouldnt it make sense to make it central so people from the north don't have to travel 400 miles?

London is a ****hole.

Central London is beautiful in the middle of the summer holidays :laugh:

Heh, well the plan of getting more people involved backfired. I can't make that day (or any Saturday actually, unless I get another job, so I guess I was screwed ever since it was taken out of Vortex's hands for no reason). Maybe an IRC-only one next year then?

IRC only? That'd be you and DrCheese only then

• 1 month later...

Will be interesting to see people who I talk to online, in real life.

Goes against what everyone on internet safety says. :p