Apple receives broad patent on MacBook Air wedge design

Oh absolutely.. I'm not really against Apple here.. They can do whatever.. this is all corruption and disastrous state of the patent office.

All your posts in apple/android threads say otherwise

post-447111-0-09514500-1339103033.jpg

^This design is also patented, however nobody has a problem with that. All companies want their products to look a certain way. Apple's way is unibody black, silver, and white that has a curved edge. However, I do believe it is wrong for a company to patent the shape of the computer, rather they should patent the unibody sleek design of the computer. Not an Apple fanboy by any means, just my input.

Well, at least we can agree that the patent officers are sometimes (more then often) flawed. Let's let leave it at that.

• Like 2

post-447111-0-09514500-1339103033.jpg

^This design is also patented, however nobody has a problem with that. All companies want their products to look a certain way. Apple's way is unibody black, silver, and white that has a curved edge. However, I do believe it is wrong for a company to patent the shape of the computer, rather they should patent the unibody sleek design of the computer. Not an Apple fanboy by any means, just my input.

History has no place in this discussion, any factual data will be ignored

Well, at least we can agree that the patent officers are sometimes (more then often) flawed. Let's let leave it at that.

It probably would be safe to say most of the time.

Or companies can innovate.

LMAO...

So apple copies a Sony design and they are "innovating". Other companies do the same thing and they are thieves?

Gotta love apple fans...

There's probably no easy general answer to that. You kind of know it when you see it. Would you not agree that this is a MB Air clone, for example? It certainly doesn't seem like an original design to me.

Is it running iOS, or Linux/Windows themed to look as much like iOS as possible? No? Then not a really clone, just a similar design.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Apple should accept that and move on. After all, when it comes to copying other people's work, they are past masters. ;)