Converting Xbox360 ISO into PC

Hi

How can i convert Xbox360 ISO and play them on PC. I have a high end PC config for games but stuck with a console version of a game. I dont want to shell out money for new one. Can i just get it converted and play it on PC. I tried to follow this article.. can anyone confirm this works ?

Cheers!

Mark

You can't. There isn't an emulator for the 360 nor will there be as PC's just aren't powerful enough yet to emulate a current gen console.

You can't. There isn't an emulator for the 360 nor will there be as PC's just aren't powerful enough yet to emulator a current gen console.

You cant.

Should i assume ehow is wrong then??

You should.

There's enormous architectural differences between consoles and PCs. Even if the PC has the power to play the game, the code is designed for a completely different system.

Also, in theory PCs are far more powerful, it's just that they do lots of things where as consoles focus on gaming so are completely optimised for it.

Even then it doesn't work, you can't read Xbox 360 games using a regular DVD drive, all you will get is the DVD partition which has a video file telling you to put the disk in an Xbox 360.

• Like 2

The most you can do in Windows with an Xbox game is copy/back it up. Even that can't be done normally, you have to use various third party applications to do it.

You can't even do that without the right hardware.

The XBox disk presents a video partition to the DVD drive that shows a video clip/trailer/message to use an XBox not a PC.

With a DVD drive with modified firmware, it is possible to take a binary image of the disk. In most cases, the binary image is taken by the 360 and transferred to the PC.

Thus, less piracy :)

You should.

There's enormous architectural differences between consoles and PCs. Even if the PC has the power to play the game, the code is designed for a completely different system.

Also, in theory PCs are far more powerful, it's just that they do lots of things where as consoles focus on gaming so are completely optimised for it.

Exactly. While 360 emulators will -eventually- surface, they're not going to appear for a very long time. At least 5 years.

Haha PCSX2 team has been working for a working, stable PS2 Emulator for over 10 years and you expect a working Xbox 360 emulator?

Even if they make one, expect it to be sluggish, unstable and crashable.

You are better off buying an Xbox 360 for all your gaming needs, you won't regret it.

The PC scene is more focused to Keyboard & Mouse games such as FPS, RTS and MMORPG

You won't find here games such as Castlevania - Lords of Shadow, Bulletstorm, Bayonetta etc.

Exactly. While 360 emulators will -eventually- surface, they're not going to appear for a very long time. At least 5 years.

Going to be a lot longer than 5 years. The 360 has a ridiculously powerful CPU & GPU combination. Virtualising that, even with modern advanced in x86 and GPUs...yeah. You won't see a stable emulator until the ass end of the 2020s/

Haha PCSX2 team has been working for a working, stable PS2 Emulator for over 10 years and you expect a working Xbox 360 emulator?

Even if they make one, expect it to be sluggish, unstable and crashable.

You are better off buying an Xbox 360 for all your gaming needs, you won't regret it.

The PC scene is more focused to Keyboard & Mouse games such as FPS, RTS and MMORPG

You won't find here games such as Castlevania - Lords of Shadow, Bulletstorm, Bayonetta etc.

I said surface, not be perfect.

Also, you guys are forgetting that in 5 years people who have 8GB of RAM will need to "update their computer" and GTX 690s will be considered a powerful relic of the past and not suited to anything today - we'd probably also be moving onto 8-core or maybe even 16-core CPUs that can handle ridiculously more compared to the Ivy Bridges or Bulldozers of today. 2017 isn't an unrealistic time frame to have a sort-of-working emulator for a console made in 2005. Typically speaking, emulators are usually a fair way to very playable for most games by the end of their next generation. For example, PCSX2 will be playable on the very large majority of games by next year, when the 7th gen is pretty much finished. ePSXe was playable on the very large majority of games by around 2004/2005, roughly when the 6th gen ended. And so on.

Not unreasonable to assume the cycle will continue.

I remember the original xbox development kids were old powerPC macs were they not? Could probably get them running on that if you spent a few years tinkering with them and coding for them.

Unlikely, we still don't even have emulators for the original Xbox and it was just an Intel PC with an Nvidia graphics chip.

Unlikely, we still don't even have emulators for the original Xbox and it was just an Intel PC with an Nvidia graphics chip.

That's probably because nobody cares :p

But seriously, I remember reading up about why they'd struggle to get it done, but I can't entirely remember why. I believe it had something to do with the insane encryption on it.

Yeah, probably not even 10yrs from now! Even if it were possible it would be "illegal" and therefore a no no :D

So yeah, nothing to see here, carry on! :p