Anyone tried Barclays Personalised Cards?

Hey All,

I have a general question, ive tried to take Barclays up on their free custom debit card offer, where you can upload your own picture and make a custom card for yourself, however every design i submit keeps being rejected, and they are mainly landscape pictures i am submitting (ie, no logos etc)

Has anyone successfully submitted a picture? if so.... what?

Also i could do with some inspiration as to a sweet looking design i could try and use? I would be welcome to any suggestions :)

If you want to have a play about with the card designer, the link is here, http://www.barclays.co.uk/PersonalisedDebitCard/BarclaysPersonalisedCard/P1242605602883 if it asks you for the first part of a card number, you can use the Barclays General number which is 4659 01 (note to Mod's, this is not a personal detail, 4659 represents Barclays Bank)

I thought it would be cool do see some smart designs, please no flame :( /hides

I tried putting Fry from Futurama on, the shut up and take my money image, and they denied it on copyright grounds.

I tried putting Fry from Futurama on, the shut up and take my money image, and they denied it on copyright grounds.

Uploading your own Image

3.1. You can upload your own Image for printing on your Debit Card only if:

(a) you have rights to use the Image, for example you own the Image or you have permission from the owner to use it;

(b) you have permission from any person that appears in the Image;

© you have permission from the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 16 years who appears in the Image;

(d) the Image meets our Image Guidelines; and

(e) the Image does not contain any computer virus or malicious code.

3.2. We will review the image and may reject it if:

(a) it does not meet our Image Guidelines;

(b) its use would be in breach of the terms of our agreement with you; or

© we reasonably consider that it is not suitable for use on a debit card.

3.3. By uploading an Image:

(a) you confirm that the Image meets the requirements set out in condition 3.1 above; and

(b) you grant us the right to use, modify, print, store and reproduce the Image for the purpose of providing the Service to you

I made a matrix computer code style picture using 1' and 0's in Photoshop from scratch, it looked very amateurish yet was denied, it seems anything i try just gets denied :/ Maybe they want you to really use the example layouts?

Around 24 Hours after you submit it, you will get an email saying denied :(

Around 24 Hours after you submit it, you will get an email saying denied :(

Ah well, has anyone tried a personal photo yet ?

I think for personal photos you need to ring up and confirm you have their permission and that they are over 16, but its a premium rate number i believe :(

I think for personal photos you need to ring up and confirm you have their permission and that they are over 16, but its a premium rate number i believe :(

So its a completely pointless service that only works with a phone call then, nice one barclays

Lord in hell, genius idea!

I literally want to cancel my cc order with Barclays and get that!

Might be not too late.

Regarding copyright: Just email the producer and ask for permissions?

It's nothing bad and surely some fun advertisement for the show! :D

Glassed Silver:ios

Ordered this!

post-645-0-74790500-1339169065.png

Not bad for free. Let's hope it works.

I just ordered one of my dog too but forgot to screenshot it before ordering, My WP7 one got refused

Fingers crossed, if its refused with personal pet photos, there's something wrong their end

(I wonder if anyone has been stupid enough to ask for their PIN to be printed on it :D It wouldn't surprise me ! )

Photo of my dog went through fine, but I never even thought about the card number changing, now I have to do that whole stupid Paypal ?1 thing again

----------

Thank you for using the Barclays Personalised Card Designer.

Your order has been confirmed and is now being processed. You should expect to receive your new card within the next 5 working days.

When you receive your new card, please destroy your old card by cutting it through the chip.

Note that your card number will change, so if you've registered your current card's details anywhere online or have recurring payments set up for it, you'll need to update these details when your new card arrives.

We hope you enjoy your new card!

I got my personalised card through the other week. I think how it works is it uses a system similar to Tineye.

I got my image of the Eiffel Tower through passed first time. The service is quite cool and the card came through in 2 days. The finish is decent on the card also. It doesn't look like a cheap layer smacked onto the top.

:laugh: That's a brilliant idea! It's a shame they couldn't accept it.