iPhone 4S Dock for iMac

I was looking at the iPhone 4 Dock here for my 4S: http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC596ZM/B?fnode=MTY1NDAzOQ and scrolled to the bottom to see a question asked "Will the iPhone 4 fit into the dock with the protective bumper on it or do you have to remove the bumper first?" and the answer is "No, but it WILL fit (and just as importantly Sync & Charge) if you use the iPad dock instead."

Are they talking about this dock?

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC940ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE

As I have a back cover for my iPhone that it slots into and wish to keep it on whilst its in the dock saving me trouble of having to take it off each time I want to connect it to my Mac as its always how I charge my iPhone, just checking to make sure this is right if anyone knows and to confirm it will work fine with the iPad dock.

Thanks,

Matt.

No, your iPhone will not fit the new iPad dock, it will however fit the original iPad dock.

No, your iPhone will not fit the new iPad dock, it will however fit the original iPad dock.

Oh right thanks, so is the old iPad dock what I need then for it to fit with a protective cover? Guessing apple don't sell that one anymore?

Yes your iPhone will fit in the dock with most if not all bumpers/protective cases on the market.

I don't see the original iPad dock on Apples store no. (shame)

But I'm sure they'll have it in a retail store or some other web outlet?

Yes your iPhone will fit in the dock with most if not all bumpers/protective cases on the market.

I don't see the original iPad dock on Apples store no. (shame)

But I'm sure they'll have it in a retail store or some other web outlet?

So what it is saying is true I need the iPad 1 Dock to fit my iPhone in with a protective cover on?