How to setup network with router as AP and wireless connect to my Modem/Rou

Hi all

I'd very much appreciate any assistance on how to setup my network correctly. I know enough to be able to change settings etc. in modems / routers, but not enough to know what to change it to :) I'm not even sure if it's possible.

I hope it is, otherwise i've wasted a lot of money!

I want to be able to do is the following.

Current Setup:

In my lounge I have a Sony TV & Playstation 3.

In my Study (15m away) I have my
Edimax AR-7265 WnA
Modem/Router connected to my ADSL ISP.

I also have my PC connected to the Edimax via a LAN cable.

What I want to do:

I want to setup my
Netgear WNDR 3700
(a.k.a. N600) router in the lounge area to act as an access point for the Sony TV and Playstation 3.

I want to be able to connect the tv/ps3 devices to the Netgear router via network cables, and then have the Netgear connect to the Edimax modem/router
wirelessly
, and then be able to access the internet etc. (while pc still connects only to edimax to gain internet access)

so it should be:

(PS3+TV) -->LAN-->Netgear >> wireless << Edimax --> ADSL

The Problem:

I don't know how to setup my Edimax modem/router and Netgear router to correctly communicate with each other wirelessly, yet still have devices see each other as being on the same network.

is this possible? any assistence will be needed.

If this isn't possible with what I have, how can I make it possible, as it's a definite requirement for me to have network cable access available at the lounge area, and I can't lay a cable from there to my study.

I would really appreciate any guidance, help, whitepapers, links, miracles you can send my way :)

much appreciated!

Yoken

setup the netgear as a wireless bridge.

Wireless bridge is the way to go if your equipment supports this...if not custom firmware like dd-wrt or deviceS that support this feature out of the box or devices that support dd-wrt.

1. take out of box

2. plug in

3. plug your ethernet cord in the pc slot. the rest are add on if u need them like ps3 ect ect

4. open ur browser in the address bar enter---->192.168.1.1<------- admin pw admin if it doesnt work look under router it will give u the right number

5. click wifi security and click on wpa2 personal 128 bit password copy it down

6. u can choose the name 4 the wifi anything go nuts

7. look if u did everything right and click apply

8. on ps3 go to system internet click wifi choose urs and enter password it gave u are set

9. be happy u just learned how easy it is to setup a router

10. last thing u have to call in and tell your isp to turn off the router in ur modem and ur all set