Answered Go to the full post question request

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 76

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:45

We already have a great mobile site, and we're already working on a responsive update to Neowin which will support all devices from large displays down to mobile (including the forums).

#47 OP Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:50

The single best thing about Tapatalk, IMO, is the notifications you get when someone quotes your post. 

I've resigned myself to Neowin not supporting it now though :p

#48 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 76

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51

We should be able to do that as well, like if it's a tile or something.. don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

#49 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55

The single best thing about Tapatalk, IMO, is the notifications you get when someone quotes your post. 

I've resigned myself to Neowin not supporting it now though :p

That would be quite simple to emulate if you set up the email account you use for Neowin on your phone. I get lots of notifications sent to my phone from here. Just go to your notifications options and select the email check box for whatever notifications you want to receive on your phone.

#50 OP Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:02

We should be able to do that as well, like if it's a tile or something.. don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

I think Neowin already supports this (at least, there's an option in the user CP that I've just turned on). There's just no way of getting native push notifications. 

That would be quite simple to emulate if you set up the email account you use for Neowin on your phone. I get lots of notifications sent to my phone from here. Just go to your notifications options and select the email check box for whatever notifications you want to receive on your phone.

Not a bad idea. I just usually find myself getting annoyed when I get e-mailed notifications like that. It's not really any different to getting push notifications, so it's all psychological. 

#51 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 29 September 2013 - 15:10

One thing though and I forgot this!! Even if this forum had it it would be rendered useless once IPB upgrades hit. They (the upgrades) often disable addons and then the thing needs to be redone. For some reason IPB can't upgrade without some things going wrong :(

#52 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 30 September 2013 - 20:28

Holy crap, I came in this section to start a thread about this. It looks like I am not the only one who would love this. If money is needed, I will be willing to donate to get this working. 

#53 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 30 September 2013 - 20:35

You should be able to use the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone live tile API to do Notifications so long as the user stays logged in on Internet Explorer.