any new longhorn betas out?

Longhorn is only Alpha at the moment, Betas will probobly begin mid next year. The only builds of Longhorn at the moment are: 3683, 4008, 4015 & the current build 4029.

You need a slappin' - beta's. Really. :rofl: :pinch: :ninja:

more like a paddlin :p

/me chases blizzardfreak around the room with a large wooden paddle

:happy:

(no offence intended) how do you know it was fake? were you dumb enough to download? :p

my advice to everyone: Don't download lesser known builds unless you have first found out that it is a real one, from right here on this forum & Neowin

(no offence intended) how do you know it was fake? were you dumb enough to download? :p

my advice to everyone: Don't download lesser known builds unless you have first found out that it is a real one, from right here on this forum & Neowin

I didnt download it because the filename was LONGHORN_4056_NO_BULLSH1T_ONLY_1500GIVENTOBETATESTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.ISO, so yeah it was only obvious. :D

I didnt download it because the filename was LONGHORN_4056_NO_BULLSH1T_ONLY_1500GIVENTOBETATESTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.ISO, so yeah it was only obvious. :D

:blink: how is that obvious that its fake? i woulda downloaded it :p

To:tapnet

there are definatly 3683, 4008, 4015 & 4029.

I think we all no that by now, dont you? :rolleyes:

So tell me you all-knowing ppl;

From what I have read MS is going to do something cool with the new GUI in LH. Something that inlcudes us need to buy new monitors..

What was all that about? Will the new GUI be in 3D? :)

As for fake betas there are sure a bunch of them out there.. Play safe and let someone elese try them for ya ;)

Don't download lesser known builds unless you have first found out that it is a real one, from right here on this forum & Neowin

Or certain IRC channels... :shifty:

So tell me you all-knowing ppl;

From what I have read MS is going to do something cool with the new GUI in LH. Something that inlcudes us need to buy new monitors..

What was all that about? Will the new GUI be in 3D? :)

As for fake betas there are sure a bunch of them out there.. Play safe and let someone elese try them for ya ;)

The Longhorn DCE supports a number of hardware initiatives that Microsoft feels will be mainstream or near mainstream by the time this OS ships, including wide aspect ratio high-density LCD displays (that is, displays that feature resolutions of over 120 dots-per-inch, or dpi, compared to 96 dpi for most of today's displays