SGS3 or iPhone 5?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. SGS3 or iPhone 5?

Sure they are. Just look at the iPhone ;) I mean the 4/4S...This phone released with ICS, and is getting JB, so there's nothing outdated about it (hardware or software). The SGS3 is right there with it, in terms of updates.

The 4S is $99 and the 4 is free. Both are really old by today's standards.

The 4S is $99 and the 4 is free. Both are really old by today's standards.

Yet people still buy them...I don't see the point you guys are trying to make. Yes, the One X is 6 months old, but the hardware and software are right up there with the SGS3 (now 2 months old)...People buy new "old" phones...

Yet people still buy them...I don't see the point you guys are trying to make. Yes, the One X is 6 months old, but the hardware and software are right up there with the SGS3 (now 2 months old)...People buy new "old" phones...

Somebody started by complaining that the iPhone is overpriced. But that doesn't make any sense because almost all new phones come out starting at $199. I'm not sure why it was ever a big deal in the first place.

Somebody started by complaining that the iPhone is overpriced. But that doesn't make any sense because almost all new phones come out starting at $199. I'm not sure why it was ever a big deal in the first place.

I didn't state that - just showing the HTC One X isn't outdated by any means, and that people buy old phones (because they don't need the highest end/latest models). I think we are saying the same thing, just in different ways :p

I didn't state that - just showing the HTC One X isn't outdated by any means, and that people buy old phones (because they don't need the highest end/latest models). I think we are saying the same thing, just in different ways :p

Oh I know you didn't say that. It was somebody else a few pages back. But yeah, I do definitely agree with what you're saying. When I was in college, I never would have considered paying $200 for a phone. I would have rather put it towards the beer fund. :p

Oh I know you didn't say that. It was somebody else a few pages back. But yeah, I do definitely agree with what you're saying. When I was in college, I never would have considered paying $200 for a phone. I would have rather put it towards the beer fund. :p

Haha, very true. :beer: It was flip phones for me in my college days (Motorola V188, RAZR) on a family plan with my parents.

But it does if you look at the One X for $99 that still beats the iPhone 5 in every way. :shifty:

I know this thread is a couple of days old, but I wanted to ask all of the Android fans here something: what makes the software in Android better then iOS? I own both a iPhone 5 and Nexus 7, so I am actually able to experience the absolute best of both worlds. Right now, the only real feature I can find on my Nexus 7 that is truly useful and not available on iOS are home-screen widgets, which are quite nice. Everything else seems more-or-less equal between the two.

By the way, I am asking a totally legitimate question here. I really would like to know what sorts of things I can do with my Nexus 7 that I can't do on my iPhone 5. And I figured that question also pertains to the main thread poll (since it is really a question of iOS versus Android more than Galaxy SIII versus iPhone 5).

At this point, you're hesitating between the two best phones in the world (edit : ok, along with the Lumia...). No matter which one you pick between both, 99% of the phones on the market are weaker.

Try Android, try iOS, take the one you prefer. Don't look at the price, it's probably a matter of 20-30 bucks for the phone and the monthly fees will be the same because you'll have the same contract for an iPhone and a Galaxy.

For me personally, im just waiting. I want to see the Lumia 920, and the HTC 8x. There will be new android phones probably this nov as well. If theyre not spectacular, the S3 will probably drop in price to.

I dont consider the iPhone an option, i find when i use it im always hitting the limits of what the crippled and locked down OS can do. Android definitely does everything the iphone can do but better. S3 has more features and better battery life to.