New PlayStation 3 super slim? "Never say never," says Sony

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:46

LOL at the top loading design.

There's a reason that nothing is top loading anymore. DUST.

#32 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:50

If the slider is mechanical then hopefully there isn't any way to actually leave it open by mistake and on power down it would close, unless you cut the power to it. I think that design looks pretty nice and depending on how it looks in the plastic I may well swap out my current slim for one.

#33 torrentthief

torrentthief

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:52

Not keen on the top design, looks weird, hopefully better in person

Posted Image

We don't have the dimensions so your comparison is irrelevant, it could be much smaller than you have scaled it as.

#34 CGW-88

CGW-88

||Modified||

• Phone: Lumia 625

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:59

If they were to release it, as mentioned, it would more than likely be roughly the same timeline as ps2 slim and ps3 launch. I have never given much attention to playstation releases, even less to "slim" models but nevertheless the design posted on the previous page looks very nice!

#35 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:06

We don't have the dimensions so your comparison is irrelevant, it could be much smaller than you have scaled it as.

Um.

The connectors arent going to magically shrink, an easy way to scale something with the same ports is to resize it so the ports are exactly the same size, then the top view is scaled so the edges are in line with the bottom image.

Its a very plausible indication of how big its going to be.

#36 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:09

They really don't want to move to the next generation do they? :/

#37 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:13

Its a marketing trick, release a new smaller version and it will kick off a sales surge.

They did it with the previous consoles, the PS1 also got the slimmer PSOne, the PS2 got the PSTwo.

#38 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:18

What is wrong with a slot loaded drive?

#39 Gromvar

Gromvar

RPG Gamer

Posted 01 August 2012 - 16:00

This is just Sony making it cheaper to produce their system, and you must remember they are still spouting that they want a 10 year life on the PS3. Also like what was said above they could release the PS4 and for awhile the PS3 will outsell it.

I know for me personally I never buy consoles at launch anymore. I wait two to three years to see what games come out, and then I decide on which system I'm choosing that generation. Like this time I initially chose the XBOX 360 but flipped sides after so much hardware problems.