Job for hire

Question

I have a job that I would like to hire someone on Neowin for.

I want to develop a desktop app which communicates with a BlackBerry device via USB. RIM released an open-source sample of how to use C++ to talk to the device via USB through the Desktop Manager software. I have attached this sample to the post.

I'm still learning C++, so I was hoping to hire someone to do this for me.

The sample application is a console program which sends/receives strings of text from the BlackBerry device. I know how to write the Java side of things (the device software), but I want to convert the code from the console program to a DLL so I can use it in another program (with a GUI).

My plan is to write a desktop app which can communicate with the BlackBerry through a DLL which sends & receives strings of text the that user enters/views in the desktop app (with a GUI).

So... I don't know how much people typically charge, but since most of the code is already pre-written by RIM, I don't THINK it will be terribly difficult to convert it to a DLL. Maybe I'm wrong, though :| .

If you're interested in helping me out, I can afford about $15-$20/hour. If you look at the code and determine that it won't take very long to convert to a DLL and want more than $15-$20/hour, let me know.

Please look at the code and provide a rough estimate about how many hours/cost.

I'm willing to negotiate.

Thanks!!!

USBClient.zip

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet