Harry Redknapp leaves Tottenham Hotspur manager's job

Harry Redknapp has left Tottenham after almost four years in charge.

Veteran manager Redknapp, who was heavily linked with the England job before the Football Association opted for Roy Hodgson, had denied speculation that he had resigned on Tuesday.

The 65-year-old had a year left on his contract but reportedly failed to agree a new deal with chairman Daniel Levy.

Everton manager David Moyes is a contender for the job but the Toffees have received no approach for the Scot.

Redknapp left Portsmouth for Tottenham, who were four points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League, in October 2008.

He guided Spurs to a first-ever Champions League campaign in 2010.

After finishing fourth last season, Tottenham only missed out on a repeat of that when Chelsea won the Champions League.

Redknapp was immediately installed as the favourite to replace Fabio Capello when the Italian resigned from the England job in February, only for the FA to move for Hodgson.

He admitted last week that he would have left Tottenham if he had been offered the national job.

Bookmakers' favourites for Tottenham job

Everton manager David Moyes

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez

United States coach Jurgen Klinsmann

Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez

Very surprising. Given how much he transformed their fortunes it's surprising that he's left so suddenly. Carrying on where he left off will be no easy task.

Worst decision spurs could have made. I expect a few departures now because of this. I think they will struggle to keep the likes of Bale and Modric at the club, especially with no Champions League football for them next season either.

Still it will be interesting to see who they get next. Moyes i think would be their best bet. He can get the best out of players even on the tight budget he has at Everton.

Couldn't believe the news when I heard it, as already said Modrich and Bale will surely go now, Harry was what kept them there. Can't see this boding well for the club.