Nvidia Windows 8 Driver Available

Release Highlights:

This is a preview GeForce driver to be used only with the Microsoft Windows 8 Release Preview. This driver should not be used with Windows Vista or Windows 7. People on Guru3D forums have reported that it installs fine in Windows 7.

This driver offers full support for the new Windows 8 display driver model WDDM 1.2 (Shows up as WDDM 1.1 in Windows 7).

Straight from Nvidia

Driver Version: 302.80 WHQL

Windows 8 X64

Windows 8 X86

I have installed Windows 7 now. So for those interested, let us know :D

• Like 2

About time they got one out. Did they not learn the lesson from Vist and Win 7?

Would u rather them rush an unpolish driver?? I seriously don't get your logic.
  • Like 3

Why do you consider those as your only options? How about: We would rather they get a decent driver ready for when the Release Preview is released. Not too much to ask for. AMD managed.

Initial reports indicate that this driver solves graphical glitches in desktop UI (Can't call it Aero anymore? :))

Why not? We're testing an unfinished OS. :rolleyes:

For the love of all things Holy, why do the links take us to a third party? (That I've never heard of)? I smell something fishy here.

For the love of all things Holy, why do the links take us to a third party? (That I've never heard of)? I smell something fishy here.

You've never heard of Guru3D!?!? I guess you're not an enthusiast. :p

Why not? We're testing an unfinished OS. :rolleyes:

Indeed!

• Like 2

Why do you consider those as your only options? How about: We would rather they get a decent driver ready for when the Release Preview is released. Not too much to ask for. AMD managed.

You should consider it's nonsense to complain about third-parties not immediately providing support for beta software.

^^ Thanks

Links updated to point Nvidia servers.

I am thinking of installing W8 again. Takes just 2-3 minutes for install from USB 3 drive to SSD. :D

Eh, no. That would be because you're not using any logic.

How about they start working on them earlier so that they're out in time? AMD managed. In fact they've managed to release an update for their RP drivers. NVidia are always late. And it's not because AMD rush.

Eh, no. That would be because you're not using any logic.

How about they start working on them earlier so that they're out in time? AMD managed. In fact they've managed to release an update for their RP drivers. NVidia are always late. And it's not because AMD rush.

Really? So in theory you'd rather them rush a driver out with 100 bugs in it now, instead of giving them a bit longer to to iron out about half of them so it's a bit more stable to test with.

Really? So in theory you'd rather them rush a driver out with 100 bugs in it now, instead of giving them a bit longer to to iron out about half of them so it's a bit more stable to test with.

*face-palm* you don't get what's being told to you do you?

You should consider it's nonsense to complain about third-parties not immediately providing support for beta software.

Why shouldn't they? nVidia is doing the same **** they did when Vista was in beta (release like 2 beta drivers that don't really do much but provide basic gpu acceleration.

Then when Vista released guess what happened? nVidia drivers were responsible for 40%+ of Vista crashes.

Are you even reading what I'm typing? It doesn't look like it.

They should start working on them earlier so they don't get the same situation as with Vista and Win7, where early adopters found that the vast majority of OS crashes were caused by bad Nvidia drivers. Again, AMD have already released two versions and it has advanced GPU support.

Why can't NVidia do this without rushing? Of course they can, they can just start earlier or devote more manpower to it. Getting something out in time is called organisation, not rushing. Please read this before posting, at least thrice.

While Nvidia's drivers were tainted in the Vista days, the shoe's on the other foot now. AMD drivers with respect to their newest cards are flaky. Also consider that Nvidia is still supporting the 6 series (!) in Windows 8 on a regular basis, for cards that are 8 years old. Can't say that in AMD's case.

I'd rather they delay a driver than deal with loss of support years down the road.

so I have downloaded these drivers. im hesitant installing them. I am pretty happy with 285.xx bug they too crash. Although a lot less than any other drivers after them.

So I don't know :(

I think im gonna try these drivers. I have a video on Youtube that ALWAYS crashes my system. So I will try loading that video after these drivers to see if the bug is gone or not.

btw the video is the international trailer of Prometheus.

Getting something out in time is called organisation, not rushing.

Until Windows 8 is released, your moaning has no basis. You cannot expect support for a non-released operating system.

If they don't have drivers ready on the day the product is released for the public, then they have issues. Otherwise this is a non-issue.

Until Windows 8 is released, your moaning has no basis. You cannot expect support for a non-released operating system.

If they don't have drivers ready on the day the product is released for the public, then they have issues. Otherwise this is a non-issue.

Moaning? Grow up.

It's an issue if your competition can do it and you can't.

so I have downloaded these drivers. im hesitant installing them. I am pretty happy with 285.xx bug they too crash. Although a lot less than any other drivers after them.

I think you should give the new drivers a try. Not a single crash here since I installed them.

Can we talk about driver stability please? I need more feedback to install these as stock WDDM Microsoft drivers are running just fine.