MBP w Retina Display shipment/delivery tracking

Now that some of the first orders are starting to ship straight out of China and make their way to the doorstep, I'm wondering if we can share info on when you placed your order so the rest of is can see how far along the line we are.

For example, I ordered around 9-10pm central time on June 11 itself. Estimated shipping is 2-3wks and delivery on June 28-July 5 with two day shipping.

I normally wouldn't be so desperate, but this info is particularly useful for me since my delivery date range is right when I leave the country (29th) for a couple of months and I can only hope Apple is beating their delivery estimates based on the the orders placed before me. It will be heartbreaking to leave without it.

Apple always makes a few models to stock before launching new products and releasing them on the same day. If you order one right now, the lead time is indeed 3-4 weeks.

Ordered Thursday 16:00, arrived Friday 14:30 (despite the 3-4 weeks lead time?!) :D

:rolleyes:

Apple always makes a few models to stock before launching new products and releasing them on the same day. If you order one right now, the lead time is indeed 3-4 weeks.

As I mentioned in the OP, I ordered on Monday night when it was still 2-3 weeks, but that doesn't mean Apple can't overdeliver by shipping a bit earlier and that's what I'm hoping to find out if people who ordered on Monday in the hours before me are getting theirs early. I would sleep better knowing it will arrive before I leave. It's going to be close though.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered it on Jun 14 with an estimated 3-4 week shipping time. Tonight (i.e. 2 weeks later), the status of the order changed to "Preparing for Shipment", so hopefully it's heading out to me shortly. :D

I ordered it on Jun 14 with an estimated 3-4 week shipping time. Tonight (i.e. 2 weeks later), the status of the order changed to "Preparing for Shipment", so hopefully it's heading out to me shortly. :D

props on patience dude...i had to wait that long for my iPhone and iPad but thankfully the MBP slipped through the cracks and arrived early

props on patience dude...i had to wait that long for my iPhone and iPad but thankfully the MBP slipped through the cracks and arrived early

Lucky. :p

MBP shipped early this morning! Should get it Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Well, it's at the local sort facility, but FedEx doesn't allow me to pick it up there. So close yet so far away!

So its worth it??

Every penny. My only complaint is that there's a good share of applications that don't support the Retina display, but that's something that will be fixed by developers in the next few weeks/months.

Friend of mine got his yesterday and his screen has a pressure spot on it. It's not like a dead pixel but there is a white spot on the screen as if the screen itself is dented or under pressure in only that tiny part. Anyway he returned it to a local Apple Store and his going to order another one online as soon as they refund his money which could take up to 5 working days.

He is really bummed out considering he ordered it the night they released and it has taken this long to arrive. The Apple store in which he returned his had none in stock either.

I'm considering buying one myself soon but I'm going to hold off a few months let them work out some of the kinks.

Just to follow up from my OP, I did get mine two days ahead of schedule, but it was cutting it close for me. For anyone still waiting for theirs, here's where I tracked my order (http://wheresmyappleorder.com/). This is created by someone over at the MacRumors forum.

I knew the it! I was saying to a lot of people that the only reason shipping is so far behind is because of the models people are getting. Its either base model, or upper model with 16gigs which is common for still not shipping yet on that list, or base model with 16 which is third.

Picking up a 2.6 with 16 + 768 is proving to ship the fastest. Amazing.

I cant wait to pick one up. Will probably be last july. I want to be able to walk in, pick it up and walk out. If it has issues like Pressure spots (which how it does during shipping, no idea) then ill be able to take it back. For the person whos friend returned it waited for the money and ordered it again having to wait longer, he could of had the genius bar order one. They would get it ASAP to CRU his, and give him a new one.

Thats a tid bit for anyone who receives theres and has issues. Instead of joining the LONG ASS LINE again, just go through the genius bar to have it replaced.

I cant wait to pick one up. Will probably be last july. I want to be able to walk in, pick it up and walk out. If it has issues like Pressure spots (which how it does during shipping, no idea) then ill be able to take it back. For the person whos friend returned it waited for the money and ordered it again having to wait longer, he could of had the genius bar order one. They would get it ASAP to CRU his, and give him a new one.

He spoke to the people in the store they said he'd have to wait 3-4 weeks like everyone else.

He spoke to the people in the store they said he'd have to wait 3-4 weeks like everyone else.

I can tell you that unless he was a dick, that shouldn't be true. My buddies friends came in hella damaged via UPS. The brown box looked like ****, took the macbook out that box was completely ripped out, and then the screen was dented, turned it on, lcd was cracked. took it too the closest apple store, talked to them patiently, they worked something out to get us one asap, or if one comes in to hold it, he just got the base model, 4 days later, 1 came in, they put it on hold, now he loves his macbook even more and appreciates apple for looking out for him. Although he knew he would of probably had to wait cause it wasn't apple's fault but ****ty ups's but apple took care of him.

I've always had good experiences with Apple and they are all about customer service and their people don't make commission. So I've always had the most helpful people and the closest apple store is an hour way.

But i hope your friend got/gets his new one soon and its in perfect condition. FedEx ships everything and especially apple things very nicely. UPS doesnt take care of ****.