Is Technet subscriptions worth it in your opinion?

Question

So I'm about to buy a technet standard subscription and was just wondering what your opinion of it is. I'm always reformatting and tweaking, etc and think it'd be perfect for me. I'm also toying with server management right now to, so it just makes sense for me. What are your thoughts on it?

And I was looking around the Technet site, but no where does it say exactly what you get in the subscription software wise. I know the basics Windows OS, Server OS, etc. But is Office in there? It would be nice to not have to use OpenOffice or some other in place of Office.

If I bought it now, it'll keep me updated with Windows 8 if it is released while my account is still active correct?

Indeed, and the reasoning behind it is the rampant abuse...some of which was suggested by people in this thread.

It's not meant to be used as a home use environment. In fact the terms flat out state that home use is not permitted unless it's on a machine that is dedicated to specific tasks. They clarify that if you play any games, watch any movies, etc that you need a supporting retail/oem license for that machine in order for it to be legitimate.

That's a broad generalization, but the terms are very clear when you read the agreement.

Too bad from MS ... :angry:

Why is it too bad? People were abusing the terms of the agreement so they had to tighten it up. If people were using it as it was intended then things would be fine.

After all it will only be about $40 to pick up Windows 8 Pro once it's released. So why not be legit?