Should I SLI ?

I finally built myself a midrange Gaming rig. Converted back to light side coming from MBP (Haven't sold it yet though).

Processor: Intel Core i5 3550

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77P-D3 PCI-e 3 X 2 and UEFI bios X 2

RAM: 2 X 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1833 Mhz

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX670 2GB GDDR5

Case: NZXT H2 Black

PSU: Corsair HX650 Modular

SSD: Corsair 120GB Force GT

The power draw of the single GTX 670 is 170W. So should I add another card for SLI or will that be just cutting it?

Another interesting thing to note is the motherboard has clearly written Crossfire compatible both on the outer box as well as printed below the PCI-e slots. Crossfire thing is ATI so can Nvidia's SLI be done? I don't know if both are standards compliant.

Don't ask me reverse questions like "Why do you need SLI and all"

Most newer asus boards, support both cause it uses a Lucid Controller. However this one only supports crossfire as djdanster pointed out.

Overall, I say avoid SLI, especially out of the gate. That 670 is going to be plenty powerful, and if you need more power down the road your usually best of getting the next generation cards at that time anyhow.

I finally built myself a midrange Gaming rig. Converted back to light side coming from MBP (Haven't sold it yet though).

Processor: Intel Core i5 3550

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77P-D3 PCI-e 3 X 2 and UEFI bios X 2

RAM: 2 X 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1833 Mhz

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX670 2GB GDDR5

Case: NZXT H2 Black

PSU: Corsair HX650 Modular

SSD: Corsair 120GB Force GT

The power draw of the single GTX 670 is 170W. So should I add another card for SLI or will that be just cutting it?

Another interesting thing to note is the motherboard has clearly written Crossfire compatible both on the outer box as well as printed below the PCI-e slots. Crossfire thing is ATI so can Nvidia's SLI be done? I don't know if both are standards compliant.

Don't ask me reverse questions like "Why do you need SLI and all"

I'm confused. Are you asking if your PSU is adequate enough for SLI? Yes, that PSU will run GTX670 SLI, no problem. Should you? How the hell should we know.