police beating los angeles riots

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,128 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:24

The guy was kind of a scumbag, but he does have a lot of history behind his name. And for that, he does deserve some respect.
It's a shame he couldn't straighten himself out though.

#62 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,803 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:28

RIP...

But

Yeah gave people a reason to let people riot and get free stuff. You never hear anything about that truck driver that got beat ( by 6 black guys) and almost died.

Maybe because those 6 black guys were not police men ?

#63 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:34

Maybe because those 6 black guys were not police men ?

Translation, we expect rioting and looting from black men, but not police officers. so its a big deal when you hear about a cop doing it. Racist statement is racist.

#64 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,936 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:37

It's pretty pathetic to see people cheering the death of a man just because he used drugs. Society isn't the pretty picture so many of the nutjobs in this thread seem to want it to be. I'm sure if he were a wealthy white man or a young white female there'd be almost universal grief, but because he was a black drug user he had it coming?

Seriously, the lack of compassion some people show is sickening.

#65 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,803 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:39

Translation, we expect rioting and looting from black men, but not police officers. so its a big deal when you hear about a cop doing it. Racist statement is racist.

hum

okay ....

No we expect police officers to protect the population. So we do not expect them to beat people if there's no reason to.

We don't expect random guys to protect anyone (black, white, yellow, red doesn't matter at all). So if some random guys beat another guy then it's big deal but not as big as police officers beating a guy.

If you read the message i replied to you'll see i'm not the one you specified the men were black. It doesn't matter at all the color of the skin. If M. King would be white it should still be a big deal and should still be news worthy.

#66 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:41

hum

okay ....

No we expect police officers to protect the population. So we do not expect them to beat people if there's no reason to.

We don't expect random guys to protect anyone (black, white, yellow, red doesn't matter at all). So if some random guys beat another guy then it's big deal but not as big as police officers beating a guy.

We also don't expect black men to riot, pull a innocent man out of his truck, and beat him within an inch of his life. Unless of course your a racist :whistle: .So black men rioting beating someone isn't as news worthy as a cop who may or may not have been in his justification to use force? All I hear in translation is "we couldn't possibly cover every time a group of black men beats someone and therefor its too common to be newsworthy, but the rare occasion a cop goes out of line is rare and unique enough to be news worthy. Sounds racists to me.

#67 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:44

It's pretty pathetic to see people cheering the death of a man just because he used drugs. Society isn't the pretty picture so many of the nutjobs in this thread seem to want it to be. I'm sure if he were a wealthy white man or a young white female there'd be almost universal grief, but because he was a black drug user he had it coming?

Seriously, the lack of compassion some people show is sickening.

Well my answer is simple. RIP, what more can you say? All I can say is that its sad that a bad man was wrongly treated and given a once in a lifetime chance to become a force for good and a civil rights leader, wasted his potential.

#68 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,803 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:16

We also don't expect black men to riot, pull a innocent man out of his truck, and beat him within an inch of his life. Unless of course your a racist :whistle: .

I never said we do.

You don't make any sense.

If you consider random guys beating another random guy equal to police officers beating a random guy then i really don't know what to say. At this was the point of my first reply.

You chose to focus on the fact i said the guys were black while i was just copy pasting what the original poster i was replying to wrote. That's your problem.

#69 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:20

I never said we do.

You don't make any sense.

You implied it by saying a mob of black men beating someone to near death wasn't as newsworthy as the Rodney king incident. if their not expected to do so, it should be just as newsworthy as a cops dereliction of power. Unless of course, your a racist.

#70 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,929 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:24

We also don't expect black men to riot, pull a innocent man out of his truck, and beat him within an inch of his life.

ummm....yes you do. There are certain parts of the city I live where you just don't go if you are not black as this is a possibility. I'm sure there are other large cities with the same problems.

#71 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,803 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:24

You implied it by saying a mob of black men beating someone to near death wasn't as newsworthy as the Rodney king incident. if their not expected to do so, it should be just as newsworthy as a cops dereliction of power. Unless of course, your a racist.

I did not imply anything. I just said police officers beating a random guy is more important than random guys beating a random guy. If you want to read anything else be my guest. But calling me raicst for that sorry i don't accept it.

#72 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:27

I did not imply anything. I just said police officers beating a random guy is more important than random guys beating a random guy. If you want to read anything else be my guest. But calling me raicst for that sorry i don't accept it.

Accept it wasn't random guys beating a random guy, he was targeted because of his race by a group of black men. And he just got the worst of it, many Asian shop owners can attest to how they where treated by the black mobs in the riots. You are racist if you think that's more important because more important also means less common. So the only answer is you believe blacks are prone to crime.

#73 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,890 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 17:27

ummm....yes you do. There are certain parts of the city I live where you just don't go if you are not black as this is a possibility. I'm sure there are other large cities with the same problems.

Come to northern Idaho, and I will show you towns you don't go into if your not white.

#74 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 19:51

I'd like to see where I called anyone a name. You just proved my point about needing to learn to read.

Not only prisons.

Forums as well. Read the supreme court decision on why the Cops were found not guilty. That is if you can??

#75 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 00:38

Come to northern Idaho, and I will show you towns you don't go into if your not white.

I think that's everywhere these days. But they are not being racist, of course. ;)