Car rental in USA/miami feedback

Hey neowin,

My girl and I are planning a trip to by miami . I've been looking at booking.com for decent rates on car rentals and some "too good to be true" deals come up on expedia, hotwire, booking.com and every other site alike. Last time I was in the US, thrifty and enterprise had the best deal, however, in those sites I mention above the following have dirt cheap prices now and some are just %50 or more cheaper than "Avis, budget, national, enterprise, etc."

Sixt

Fox

E-Z rentacar

Royal Rent a car.

I've tried googling the hell out of them, but find either fake good reviews or just random bad reviews. So please don't say "google it". Anyway, any neowinians have any experience with the above car rental companies?

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend you not rely on the internet reviews, and simply use sites like kayak, or priceline, etc. to book your vacation. I have never rented a car, but my father almost always goes with Thrifty.

• Like 1

believe it or not but not too long ago-- U haul actually had the better deal-- The pickup truck rental that is... Was cheaper on insurance you needed to have plus daily rental and mileage limitations...

Not to mention one big thing...

With some companies you have to be 21 before you can rent a car, however, to rent a U haul you only had to be 18 with a valid licence and insurance.

Also you may look into rent a wreck... they are said to be the lowest prices.

I would recommend you not rely on the internet reviews, and simply use sites like kayak, or priceline, etc. to book your vacation. I have never rented a car, but my father almost always goes with Thrifty.

Cant book my whole vacation via kayak or Priceline, but I guess I can do that with the car rental, the companies on my OP I actually got from those sites and hence why I was asking if they were too good.

believe it or not but not too long ago-- U haul actually had the better deal-- The pickup truck rental that is... Was cheaper on insurance you needed to have plus daily rental and mileage limitations...

Not to mention one big thing...

With some companies you have to be 21 before you can rent a car, however, to rent a U haul you only had to be 18 with a valid licence and insurance.

Also you may look into rent a wreck... they are said to be the lowest prices.

A truck? :/ I'm a good driver, but I don't consider myself that able to be driving around a uhaul truck! Rent a wreck does sound interesting, but I need airport pickup and drop Off as well.

I always rent from enterprise/Hertz and directly from their websites. If you book at least 7 days (I think) in advance, you can get cheaper prices. Hertz also has slightly cheaper pre-paid option. Enterprise most of the times is cheaper and you don't need to pay in advance to reserve.

A truck? :/ I'm a good driver, but I don't consider myself that able to be driving around a uhaul truck! Rent a wreck does sound interesting, but I need airport pickup and drop Off as well.

pickup-hauling-cow1.jpg?w=600

No I was bringing that up because to rent a car you have to be 21 years old ... however at 18 you can rent this from U-haul.

Just in case you were too young...

sometimes the price to rent this is cheaper than a normal car rental- due to the fact they charge a flat rate for mileage and a rental fee for a day.. unlike some that have mileage limitations...that and they have lots of locations near airports...

I would normally rec. Enterprise however they were renting ppl recalled cars wo the issues res. And that's really not safe..

pickup-hauling-cow1.jpg?w=600

No I was bringing that up because to rent a car you have to be 21 years old ... however at 18 you can rent this from U-haul.

Just in case you were too young...

sometimes the price to rent this is cheaper than a normal car rental- due to the fact they charge a flat rate for mileage and a rental fee for a day.. unlike some that have mileage limitations...that and they have lots of locations near airports...

Oh a pickup truck! I imagined something along: HeaderBigTruck.png

I would normally rec. Enterprise however they were renting ppl recalled cars wo the issues res. And that's really not safe..

I've used enterprise in the past, they used to be cheap ! Not anymore though :/ which is why i'm asking about the ones in my OP.

I've used enterprise in the past, they used to be cheap ! Not anymore though :/ which is why i'm asking about the ones in my OP.

Last time I used Enterprise they had a good price, however, they had a limit of mileage per day or you had to pay overages.....

Also depends on Weekly/Weekend rental as though if you have a smart phone- I saw on TV an Application for renting vehicles.... you would have to search for it.