Transformers 4 (Official Thread)

The first teaser poster for TRANSFORMERS 4 has shown up. What does everybody think?

Here is the first promo poster for Transformers 4, thanks to Cine1. Michael Bay is set to direct the film for Paramount Pictures, but this time the director says it will be his last film in the franchise. Paramount was able to entice Bay back by financing his next film Pain and Gain.

Ehren Kruger is once again writing the script for the film. The plan is to completely revamp the Transformer designs and make the robots the main attraction. The human elements of the first trilogy were the weakest elements, so I am interested in seeing how this turns out.

Transformers 4 arrives in theaters on June 27th, 2014 and will set up the franchise for future films. It may seem odd that a promo poster is being released now, but I remember the promo poster being released very early for the last film too. Dark Side of the Moon raked in $1.1 billion internationally, so I can understand why we are seeing this promo poster now.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/19/first-transformers-4-promo-poster.html

Transformers-4-promo-poster.jpg

100% fake sorry, too soon even after the terrible third Transformers, plus Michael Bay's Mutant Ninja Turtles is also going through some changes and I wonder if Paramount would want Michael Bay to make a fourth or just reboot it, someone needs to teach Michael Bay about story telling or something called a plot rather than just pointless CGI action because this is not the 90s anymore. Only movie I have enjoyed from him would be The Rock but I cannot understand what happened to him after that, probably the easy money.

100% fake sorry, too soon even after the terrible third Transformers, plus Michael Bay's Mutant Ninja Turtles is also going through some changes and I wonder if Paramount would want Michael Bay to make a fourth or just reboot it, someone needs to teach Michael Bay about story telling or something called a plot rather than just pointless CGI action because this is not the 90s anymore. Only movie I have enjoyed from him would be The Rock but I cannot understand what happened to him after that, probably the easy money.

The Island was pretty good. But yeah, serious fall-off after that.

Terrible third Transformers? Really? I guess you must be the only one on the planet that thinks that way because according to this report, it was a huge box office hit domestically and internationally, which means most people liked it.

Source: http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=transformers3.htm

aaoAS270.jpg

Yeah alot of people hated TF3 but people went to see it thus it made money thus another is needed, its the way it works sadly

Terrible third Transformers? Really? I guess you must be the only one on the planet that thinks that way because according to this report, it was a huge box office hit domestically and internationally, which means most people liked it.

Since when did the number of people that see a movie have anything to do with its quality? The Transformer films were beyond bad and it's sad that people support such dross. Unfortunately as long as there's money to be made we'll continue to see more of them.

Guys look at this >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_4#Future

From Wikipedia

As was the case in the last two films, the script will be written by Ehren Kruger, and it has been confirmed that Shia LaBeouf's character will not be returning this time.[17]

In May 05, 2012, actor Tyrese Gibson expressed great interest in returning for the fourth film.[18]

On June 6, 2012, Bay reveals that Transformers 4 will be his final installment in the franchise and that the film will have a new design and a new cast.[19]

Source: http://boxofficemojo...ansformers3.htm

aaoAS270.jpg

Which people? Dumb teens who have bad taste in movies? Just because it made success does not mean critics and everyone else liked it, just because it made money does mean the movie was good. Also, the movie is called Transformers not HUMANS, how about less time on humans and more on the Bots? Wait a minute, something else was missing in the third Transformers, oh yeah a decent plot that does not put you to sleep and what a dumb ending with over the top useless CGI action.

When movies make money it does not mean it was a good movie it just shows which type of people this type of movies can easily be targeted for to cash in.

Who opened the can of bitch in here? :laugh: I don't care that the Michael Bay Transformer movies have no plot and regarded as some of the worst movies ever made! they are great mindless flicks, turn your brain off at the door and go enjoy. If the bad film making bothers you that much, stop going to see them! it's not like you didn't know they'd be bad ;)

Who opened the can of bitch in here? :laugh: I don't care that the Michael Bay Transformer movies have no plot and regarded as some of the worst movies ever made! they are great mindless flicks, turn your brain off at the door and go enjoy. If the bad film making bothers you that much, stop going to see them! it's not like you didn't know they'd be bad ;)

Good one, I guess people are not in titled to their own opinions. I can only assume that you also enjoy Jason Stantham movies, a bunch of pointless action with no real plot or a Uwe Boll movie. I bet Xerxes thinks Drive was a slow dumb movie while he was expecting fast paced Jason Stantham action movie with no plot. Indie movies are so much better this days versus to a Hollywood movie.

Good one, I guess people are not in titled to their own opinions. I can only assume that you also enjoy Jason Stantham movies, a bunch of pointless action with no real plot or a Uwe Boll movie. I bet Xerxes thinks Drive was a slow dumb movie while he was expecting fast paced Jason Stantham action movie with no plot. Indie movies are so much better this days versus to a Hollywood movie.

:rofl: what are you on about? Where did I say people are not entitled to their opinions? I was merely commenting this thread of full of people only complaining about the current movies, so because I didn't mind the movies and only said if you don't like it don't watch it...I'm somehow denying people their opinions? :s Your entitled to yours but doesn't mean what you say is true.

EDIT: for your information, just because I don't mind Transformers doesn't mean I only like badly written movies! nothing wrong with a brainless movie, good when you just wanna sit down and watch something that doesn't require thinking. However, I won't just watch any old drivel (there are requirements for a good mindless flick you know) and also enjoy a well written, thought provoking movie. I don't assume the type of movies you like, so please don't assume mine.

Only movie I have enjoyed from him would be The Rock but I cannot understand what happened to him after that, probably the easy money.

I like that one and Armageddon.

With "Transformers: The Ride-3D" now open at Universal Studios Hollywood, film franchise director Michael Bay stopped by the ride and spoke with The LA Times about his plans for his fourth -- and, as he stated recently final -- Transformers film, set to hit theaters on June 27, 2014.

?It?s not a reboot," Bay said, reiterating that the new film will have an all-new cast. "That?s maybe the wrong word. I don?t want to say 'reboot' because then people will think we?re doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We?re not. We?re taking the story that you?ve seen ? the story we?ve told in three movies already ? and we?re taking it in a new direction. But we?re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts... We?re moving on to something different.?

Though the script, currently being drafted by Ehren Kruger, is not yet final, Bay hints that one place the fourth film may go is into outer space.

"That feels like the way to go, doesn?t it?" says Bay. "I want to go a little off [the planet] but I don?t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded."

No matter what, Bay says that one element of the new production is to scale back the budget somewhat to around $165 million, about $30 million less than 2011's Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91761

"That feels like the way to go, doesn?t it?" says Bay. "I want to go a little off [the planet] but I don?t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded."

Bay is such an idiot, Transformers is scifi!

Can I ask what people expect of these movies? It's not based on the original cartoon, it's based on the damn toy and if you watch the special features on the 3 movies you would understand this. These are just over the top action movies and demo worthy blu-rays :D I love ****ing my neighbors off with Transformers shaking the walls and windows :p Going in to these movies expecting a Saving Private Ryan quality of story just should not even bother...

For the record "Drive" was a awesome movie :)