Windows Phone Summit 20-June-2012

I thought I'd start a thread to discuss the keynote as it happens. :)

You can watch it live here: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Windows-Phone/Summit

Time: (courtesy theverge.com)

06:00AM - Hawaii

08:00AM - Alaska

09:00AM - Pacific

10:00AM - Mountain

11:00AM - Central

12:00PM - Eastern

01:00PM - S?o Paulo

05:00PM - London

06:00PM - Paris

08:00PM - Moscow

01:00AM - Tokyo (June 21st)

02:00AM - Sydney (June 21st)

Live coverage:

http://live.twit.tv

http://live.theverge.com/windows-phone-developer-summit-2012/

Less than 50 minutes to go! Anyone know how long this will be? I know the summit is all day but this keynote is what?

Video is up at Ch9. Press are in and seated, should start soon'ish.

Verge has a photo of what looks like prototype/develpement phones on on stage.

Verge has a photo of what looks like prototype/develpement phones on on stage.

Looks HD7 Titan like ? :/ (or rather a typical HTC shape)

Looks HD7 Titan like ? :/ (or rather a typical HTC shape)

Hard to say, Samsung did the original WP7 prototype so maybe HTC or Nokia have done it for WP8 this time?

love the new start screen. when i bought my windows phone i wanted ways to make small tiles like that for stuff i dont use alot but still wanted on the screen. Now all i need to make it complete is to use custom colors for certain tiles while making others use the system color i choose.

So could this be why it won't run on current devices? CPU wise ?

No, it should still be running on ARM. I don't think they'd take the power consumption hit and switch to x86.

No, it should still be running on ARM. I don't think they'd take the power consumption hit and switch to x86.

Fingers crossed they are keeping that announcement as the big surprise and the end....

Windows Phone 7.8 for current users! So we do get something, just not the whole WP8 OS.

Windows Phone 7.8 for current users! So we do get something, just not the whole WP8 OS.

Microsoft has confirmed that all Windows Phone 7 and 7.5 apps will run on Windows Phone 7.8 and that users will be getting the biggest new visual feature of Windows Phone 8: the newly improved Start screen.

The new Start screen is at the centre of changes to the Windows Phone 7.8 update and will still see the Metro array of live tiles, but will add support for two new tile sizes. There will also be more customisation, with new theme colours and a larger Start screen layout.

where was this announced? I missed some part.