Final Fantasy VII could be headed to Steam

A leaked product description hints that Final Fantasy VII could be headed to Steam.

If the hints prove accurate, the refreshed version of the legendary RPG would feature 36 achievements, online profiles, cloud saving, and a "Character Booster" item, the description of which reads as such:

"Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure."

The price for the game on the listing was set at ?7.99/?9.99.

The description appeared on FinalFantasyVIIPC.com, but only briefly. The domain, spotted by the

GOG Forum, was registered by Square Enix June 15.

FF7-Listing-Screenshot.jpg

If you'd like a good look at the full product description, smack it here.

Sounds like a cheap cash in, is probably just going to be updated to run on Windows 7 with some bull**** microtransaction rubbish built in.

I don't want a remake but higher detail backgrounds and higher poly characters would be nice.

Sounds like a cheap cash in, is probably just going to be updated to run on Windows 7 with some bull**** microtransaction rubbish built in.

I don't want a remake but higher detail backgrounds and higher poly characters would be nice.

Why would there be microtransactions in an update of a game from the 90s??

Why would there be microtransactions in an update of a game from the 90s??

Did you read the OP?

You will be able to buy a "character boost" to get XP, Gil (money), items, etc..

lol cloud saves :p

anyone else, anyone else LOL

post-61965-0-00228100-1340289464.png

I'd love to see VII-IX on there. Though, the card games in the 8 and 9 always bog me down because I just can't keep myself from playing. :p

Hopefully, if this is true, the controls don't suck.

Character boost pack == the good old FF7 Savegame Editor.... (but it makes the game too easy, removing all the fun)

BTW I replayed FF7 on a psx emulator a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun.

Now I'm doing the same with FF-X and it's great.

Did you read the OP?

You will be able to buy a "character boost" to get XP, Gil (money), items, etc..

No where does it say that it's an item that you buy. It just says that the item is included.

some gamers with a ff7 remake are like potheads with legalizing pot. I hope it happens soon so they have nothing to talk about ever again.

If it's a remake people are going to be complain. If it's just a straight re-release, people are going to complain. Square Enix can't win on this one. I don't see the point in that stats booster either. It's not that difficult to grind in Final Fantasy VII, so that seems like kind of a pointless cheat.

The PC release was actually probably the best version of FF7... Due to the fact that you could modify and update it with tools. You just needed to sit down and tweak it for a while before you actually got to play it. :p

The PC release was actually probably the best version of FF7... Due to the fact that you could modify and update it with tools. You just needed to sit down and tweak it for a while before you actually got to play it. :p

Seeing as I troubleshoot massive IT Environments on a daily basis the last thing I wana do when I go to play a game is tweak it, I wana click on FFVII and play the freaking game! lol.

Seeing as I troubleshoot massive IT Environments on a daily basis the last thing I wana do when I go to play a game is tweak it, I wana click on FFVII and play the freaking game! lol.

Thats never how PC gaming works. *laughs* There's always an update or upgrade or tweak or patch to put on. Stick with the consoles!

Thats never how PC gaming works. *laughs* There's always an update or upgrade or tweak or patch to put on. Stick with the consoles!

All of my games via Steam on both OS X and Windows are "click 'n play". Especially on the OS X side. It doesn't matter that it's 'never' how PC gaming works, its how it should work.