Final Fantasy VII could be headed to Steam

I Wished Square got voer with remaking FF VII , there are other FF , and some of them with better characters and storyline , they are using and abusing VII almost like it't is on franchising ... sad .. BTW FFVI Rules :)

I Wished Square got voer with remaking FF VII , there are other FF , and some of them with better characters and storyline , they are using and abusing VII almost like it't is on franchising ... sad .. BTW FFVI Rules :)

If they keep on trying to push the turd known as FFXIII (and its sequel), I have no problem on them going back to the good games and re-releasing them.

If they keep on trying to push the turd known as FFXIII (and its sequel), I have no problem on them going back to the good games and re-releasing them.

I just wished something good , or new remakes , not remakes of remaked things :s (OR KINGDOM HEARTS III aka -> the reason i bought a PS3)

Square Enix have never remade FF VII - in fact, they've barely even re-released it. The only two times it has been re-released is once on PC, and again on PSN.

Versus other FF games -

FF1/2 have been re-released/ported over a dozen times combined, and that's only to popular platforms. Including all platforms ever made, this number gets closer to 20.

FF3 (the Japanese variant) has been ported to the Virtual Console, and then re-made on the DS which has since then also been ported to iOS.

FF4 has had 3 re-releases, as well as 2 remakes and an expansion story (which was also re-released)

FF5 has had 4 re-releases, with a 3DS remake on the cards

FF6, just like FF5, has also seen 4 re-releases.

So, in comparison, 2 re-releases for FF7 isn't really that bad.

Square Enix have never remade FF VII - in fact, they've barely even re-released it. The only two times it has been re-released is once on PC, and again on PSN.

Versus other FF games -

FF1/2 have been re-released/ported over a dozen times combined, and that's only to popular platforms. Including all platforms ever made, this number gets closer to 20.

FF3 (the Japanese variant) has been ported to the Virtual Console, and then re-made on the DS which has since then also been ported to iOS.

FF4 has had 3 re-releases, as well as 2 remakes and an expansion story (which was also re-released)

FF5 has had 4 re-releases, with a 3DS remake on the cards

FF6, just like FF5, has also seen 4 re-releases.

So, in comparison, 2 re-releases for FF7 isn't really that bad.

I think he means in regards to the name itself with the release of Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, the movie Advent Children, and some mobile games if I recall correctly.

It doesn't matter that it's 'never' how PC gaming works, its how it should work.

Err, there're barely any games I had that much trouble with...so I'd say 'does' rather than should.

i'd love to see FF7 updated. I'm not talking about full 3d upgrade or anything. They can keep the prerendered backgrounds and ultradeformed characters. But HD it. Maybe add voice acting if they get good actors.

I don't even know if they updated it for the 2009 PSN release I heard about, but I imagine it'd be like that.

nope. it was just a straight software emulation.

The old PC version is pretty capable these days, a team of peeps over at the Qhimm forums have been working on HD mods for quite a while now.

Look up "Aali's OpenGL Driver", it makes the game run perfectly on modern PCs.

Presumably Square-Enix will be bundling something similar with their Steam release. I highly doubt an HD remake is on the cards, especially for a PC-only release, we'll probably just see improved system compatibility and Steamworks DRM rather than the old "insert disc 1-3" junk.