[NSFW]School bus Monitor Bullied by Middleschoolers

Bullied bus monitor Karen Klein ignored verbal abuse from Athens Greece Middle School students this week, and video of the incident went viral on YouTube.

http://www.csmonitor...hose-nasty-kids

Here's the youtube video:

My reaction: REALLY? REALLY? Are those kids THAT bored?

P.S. I don't think it's a school system problem. It's PARENTAL problem, i.e. parents don't give a s**t and/or simply clueless.

It's extremely saddening. I understand what it means to be immature and in junior high, but to think there are some persons who think they have the right to demoralize another like this is just sickening.

This is completely unacceptable. I'd give anything to have about 30 minutes with each one of these little ********ers so I could knock six different kinds of dog**** out of them. I hope they get suspended, kicked off the bus, prosecuted under whatever laws they can, and then beaten by their parents until they learn some ****ing manners.

Show some respect!

Edit: My apologies. Dog**** made it past the filters.

• Like 2

That is S I C K! Those kids need be ran the F over with that bus. I am so glad to see that already raised her over $190,000 for her to retire!

Blaming the parents when the children are away from their parents is ridiculous, when you have no idea how great or terrible their parents are. A parent can teach their child everything that is right and bring them up brilliantly, but when that child is not around any of their parents, that child will possibly sometimes behave differently to how he or she has been taught. A lot of the time, such misbehaviour is not down to the parents.

• Like 3

Kids have to learn respect and it has to start earlier than junior high, otherwise it's an uphill battle. For these kids to do this so willingly, they clearly need more than a pep talk.

Blaming the parents when the children are away from their parents is ridiculous, when you have no idea how great or terrible their parents are. A parent can teach their child everything that is right and bring them up brilliantly, but when that child is not around any of their parents, that child will possibly sometimes behave differently to how he or she has been taught. A lot of the time, such misbehaviour is not down to the parents.

Thats why you need to teach your kids to make good decisions and join friends with good peers. Not to hang out with ****ing loosers

• Like 1

Yes A lot of the time, such misbehaviour IS down to the parents.

End of discussion.

Thats why you need to teach your kids to make good decisions and join friends with good peers. Not to hang out with ****ing loosers

You can teach them all you want, but they won't always listen to you. I know of many great parents who taught their children not to fall in with the wrong crowd, but they did that anyway when at school because they weren't around their parents at school (their parents couldn't stop them). Some people appear to be under the impression that children will always do what their parents tell them and do what their parents teach them; that is not true for a lot of children.

Yes A lot of the time, such misbehaviour IS down to the parents.

End of discussion.

"End of discussion," even though you've admitted that it sometimes isn't down to the parents? Really? :/ This is not the end of the discussion?the thread is still open; however, I don't wish to debate with someone so rude, so I will no longer reply to you in this thread. Good day to you.

You can teach them all you want, but they won't always listen to you. I know of many great parents who taught their children not to fall in with the wrong crowd, but they did that anyway when at school because they weren't around their parents at school (their parents couldn't stop them). Some people appear to be under the impression that children will always do what their parents tell them and do what their parents teach them; that is not true for a lot of children.

"End of discussion," even though you've admitted that it sometimes isn't down to the parents? Really? :/ This is not the end of the discussion?the thread is still open. You made a dangerous assumption. You don't even know who their parents are, let alone how they parent, yet you stated that you believe this is a parental problem.

It's exactly this kind of mentality that resulted in arrogant/self-important kids today.

"OO parents can do nothing, we can't stop them...bla bla bla"....

Good luck having your own kids man.

It's exactly this kind of mentality that resulted in arrogant/self-important kids today.

"OO parents can do nothing, we can't stop them...bla bla bla"....

Good luck having your own kids man.

I should point out, I edited my post, attempting to change it before you replied; however, my point in the original version (which you quoted still stands), so I will reply to this response (even though I stated I'd rather not debate with someone who is so rude). It's not about having any kind of mentality; it's all about being realistic and considering facts. People may like to think their kids wouldn't disobey them or ignore what they've taught them, but they have no idea about some of the things the children might get up to when they're at school or with their friends, and they cannot control absolutely everything their children do. Those are facts, unless a parent is always with their children while the children are at school, at their friends' houses etc; something that I doubt any parent does.

I should point out, I edited my post, attempting to change it before you replied; however, my point in the original version (which you quoted still stands), so I will reply to this response (even though I stated I'd rather not debate with someone who is so rude). It's not about having any kind of mentality; it's all about being realistic and considering facts. People may like to think their kids wouldn't disobey them or ignore what they've taught them, but they have no idea about some of the things the children might get up to when they're at school or with their friends, and they cannot control absolutely everything their children do. Those are facts, unless a parent is always with their children while the children are at school, at their friends' houses etc; something that I doubt any parent does.

Obviously parents aren't omnipresent. Obviously. These actions from these kids are so extreme that is completely reasonable to think this isn't the first time they've acted in a similar way. Are the parents there to immediately reprimand them? No. But that leads us to the other major component of parenting: involvement. Leaving responsibility as a parent at the door - literally - completely nullifies any parenting done at home.

Learning respect and proper behavior starts at home. The parents are responsible for trying (key word there) to instill proper behavior in their children. But it doesn't stop there. Society, as a whole, is also responsible for this. We need to ensure that improper behavior is not tolerated. We need to lead by example and condemn behavior like this.

But, in this society, we have a huge issue with accountability. People are not held accountable for their actions. Be it the soccer mom who thinks their children can do no wrong, or the uninvolved parents that don't care about what they do, kids are not being given the direction they need to become better people. There are rarely consequences for something like this and that's where the problem lies.

If my kids had done that I'd have kicked their asses so hard their buns would be wrapped around their ears :angry:

Thing is - they knew that for dead certain, so I didn't have to.

This is true to some extent, especially around junior high. I knew a lot of kids who'd be two-face where they'd be cool with you one minute, then laugh at you the next once their other friends showed up. It's through these stages at life that we begin to make real choices for ourselves and learn from them. Sometimes a good kid will make a bad choice, in attempt to fit in. The difference is how it handles for them at home. Some kids will get the proper discipline and feel extreme shame for what they did by letting their parents down. Others may get an ass-whooping, but sadly, it's the only time they ever get attention so they wind up doing it again. And of course, some kids just don't have anyone to come home to let alone answer to...

I'd like to believe a kid raised by good parents would never do something like this, but I have seen worse... Hell, I won't lie: I've been the kid who tried to fit in by making fun of another. On the flip side though, I was also choked, tackled, punched, kicked, shoved, and publicly humiliated throughout middle school and my freshman year, so it is what it is I guess. Shame this lady had to go through this, no doubt, but it's worth noting how many of us had to endure such crap on a daily basis just to get home.

If a child has good parents who teach them how to properly behave when out of their presence and still misbehaves, I would still blame the parents for not instilling the fear of God in them. Parenting isn't about being a best buddy all the time, little snots need to fear punishment to keep in line sometimes.

Thing is - they knew that for dead certain, so I didn't have to.

Precisely.

I agree. These days I see just as many rotten kids from good backgrounds as I do from bad. Some kids need to be taught the value of respect, you can't just sit back and blame the parents all the time.

If a child has good parents who teach them how to properly behave when out of their presence and still misbehaves, I would still blame the parents for not instilling the fear of God in them. Parenting isn't about being a best buddy all the time, little snots need to fear punishment to keep in line sometimes.

No, sorry but that's just not true. Fear shouldn't be used to impose order (especially fear submitted on the basis of invisible sky faeries). When a child is being tutored it needs to know WHY what it's doing is wrong. Confront them with the consequences of their actions and teach them some damn manners.

[. . .]

I see your point and that does make sense, but as far as I'm aware, even instilling fear of punishment doesn't always work (even if it might work the majority of the time). I was well aware of the harsh punishments my mother would give me if I misbehaved, but I still did misbehave sometimes when I was younger. Not as badly as what is shown in the video, though, I should add :)

This is true to some extent, especially around junior high. I knew a lot of kids who'd be two-face where they'd be cool with you one minute, then laugh at you the next once their other friends showed up. It's through these stages at life that we begin to make real choices for ourselves and learn from them. Sometimes a good kid will make a bad choice, in attempt to fit in. The difference is how it handles for them at home. Some kids will get the proper discipline and feel extreme shame for what they did by letting their parents down. Others may get an ass-whooping, but sadly, it's the only time they ever get attention so they wind up doing it again. And of course, some kids just don't have anyone to come home to let alone answer to...

I'd like to believe a kid raised by good parents would never do something like this, but I have seen worse... Hell, I won't lie: I've been the kid who tried to fit in by making fun of another. On the flip side though, I was also choked, tackled, punched, kicked, shoved, and publicly humiliated throughout middle school and my freshman year, so it is what it is I guess. Shame this lady had to go through this, no doubt, but it's worth noting how many of us had to endure such crap on a daily basis just to get home.

Thank you for the insight. It is a shame to hear you had to go through that. Kids can be terribly horrible people, and unfortunately, some of us who are decent, kind-hearted, and wonderful people when we grow up weren't as wonderful all of the time when we were younger.

I see your point and that does make sense, but as far as I'm aware, even instilling fear of punishment doesn't always work (even if it might work the majority of the time). I was well aware of the harsh punishments my mother would give me if I misbehaved, but I still did misbehave sometimes when I was younger. Not as badly as what is shown in the video, though, I should add :)

How is testing boundaries new? This behavior is present in every animal. What is and is not acceptable may not be written in stone for everyone but these boundaries are learned the same way a lioness and cub learns to wait for the male to eat first. That is to say there is guidance at all in the first place.