[NSFW]School bus Monitor Bullied by Middleschoolers

http://www.indiegogo...eforkarenhklein was a fundraiser set up for the woman in the video. Needless to say that the amount of money raised over it's initial goal, and still with 30 days to go, I think will allow her a nice retirement. So at least there is so good to come from this. :)

As for the kids, I would never have dreamed of acting like that when I was younger. All my mother had to do was threaten to go get my father and I would act right. My father never beat me, but he sure did make me fear the consequences of doing anything wrong. Seeing ******* kids, and parents who don't parent, is one of my biggest disgusts in life.

Edit: Looks like that page is getting hammered. When I posted this it had raised $219,403 of a $5,000 goal.

Obviously parents aren't omnipresent. Obviously. These actions from these kids are so extreme that is completely reasonable to think this isn't the first time they've acted in a similar way. Are the parents there to immediately reprimand them? No. But that leads us to the other major component of parenting: involvement. Leaving responsibility as a parent at the door - literally - completely nullifies any parenting done at home.

Since I work with kids most of the time, I lost count of how many kids which are difficult to work with (e.g. won't listen and has no respect..) has the same attitude toward their parents.

And coincidentally those parents think those attitudes are cute and harmless.

This is not something kids learn over-night. This is a long term accumulation of poor parenting.

Local news said the students won't face charges.

Of course, not surprising considering this is USA.

Kids can get away with ANYTHING.

Knowing kids these days and their obsession over their online personas, I can only hope that their image is damned so hard that they really understand how terrible they acted. Sadly, it's probably the worst consequence they'll face.

Thank you for the insight. It is a shame to hear you had to go through that. Kids can be terribly horrible people, and unfortunately, some of us who are decent, kind-hearted, and wonderful people when we grow up weren't as wonderful all of the time when we were younger.

Yeah. I look back on some of the kids that messed with me growing up, particularly the one that tackled me that was two-faced. His parents were divorced, lived with his dad who worked all day, and he really just wanted attention and someone to hang out with, including me when all his friends were busy. Despite how much I hated him growing up, realizing as an adult the crap he went through, it doesn't surprise me at all in the way he acted and the path he ended up taking. Last I heard, he was in a juvenile detention center. Not sure whatever happened to him.

But anyways, I guess the lady will get a good vacation? :huh:

This is true to some extent, especially around junior high. I knew a lot of kids who'd be two-face where they'd be cool with you one minute, then laugh at you the next once their other friends showed up. It's through these stages at life that we begin to make real choices for ourselves and learn from them. Sometimes a good kid will make a bad choice, in attempt to fit in. The difference is how it handles for them at home. Some kids will get the proper discipline and feel extreme shame for what they did by letting their parents down. Others may get an ass-whooping, but sadly, it's the only time they ever get attention so they wind up doing it again. And of course, some kids just don't have anyone to come home to let alone answer to...

I'd like to believe a kid raised by good parents would never do something like this, but I have seen worse... Hell, I won't lie: I've been the kid who tried to fit in by making fun of another. On the flip side though, I was also choked, tackled, punched, kicked, shoved, and publicly humiliated throughout middle school and my freshman year, so it is what it is I guess. Shame this lady had to go through this, no doubt, but it's worth noting how many of us had to endure such crap on a daily basis just to get home.

Oh the joys of being beat senseless as a kid, I knew exactingly what that was like. Ruined my childhood but i flipped it around when highschool came around, got tired of being shoved around, so I shoved back and won.

• Like 2

That video was hard to watch. I don't understand why those kids were so vile and hateful. I really hope most of them were doing it just to fit in. I also hope they receive disciplinary action for what they did. Although the bus monitor is an adult, she was still bullied and demoralized.

That video was hard to watch. I don't understand why those kids were so vile and hateful. I really hope most of them were doing it just to fit in. I also hope they receive disciplinary action for what they did. Although the bus monitor is an adult, she was still bullied and demoralized.

They are not vile and hateful, they just think those comments are smart and funny, without realizing that IRL those are downright extremely rude, hateful comments.

Again, adults, I mean parents should've realized that from an early age. It is NOT something that kids can "grow out with" if no proper guidance is provided.

I dunno, one of them talks about her family not wanting to live with her, and one of her sons committed suicide. That's... pretty vile and hateful if you ask me.

It also goes well beyond the, "hey you're fat, fatty", to some pretty directed attacks.

What the kids did is disgraceful and disgusting and yes, the parents should be bringing them up to show respect for their elders but what do the parents do when these kids don't behave and won't listen?

You can't smack your kids any more, when I was a kid (I'm 43 now) we were given a smack on the ass with the belt in school, it certainly taught you to behave when you couldn't sit down if you misbehaved, it wasn't torture, it wasn't beating, it was discipline.

When you can't punish kids then you can't control them. Any adult who argues differently usually doesn't have any children.

• Like 1

why would anyone take thier fustrations out on a monitor? I did know someone that threw one across the room. It was a 24 incher too that was really nice.... :-(

Should just get rid of the school buses -- make 'em walk.

Watch their parents complain that their little precious gets too tired by walking..

What the kids did is disgraceful and disgusting and yes, the parents should be bringing them up to show respect for their elders but what do the parents do when these kids don't behave and won't listen?

You can't smack your kids any more, when I was a kid (I'm 43 now) we were given a smack on the ass with the belt in school, it certainly taught you to behave when you couldn't sit down if you misbehaved, it wasn't torture, it wasn't beating, it was discipline.

When you can't punish kids then you can't control them. Any adult who argues differently usually doesn't have any children.

I personally found its hilarious when parents repeating "no, stop it" like drones and their children just carried on without slightest hesitation....

Gold.

Should just get rid of the school buses -- make 'em walk.

Yeah, or let the parents that them to school. The parents would raise the roof off the school with their whining. :D

that's what poor discipline gets you, disrespect on that level is disgusting, parents should start instilling values instead of being such a bunch of spineless floormats.