Journey Collector's Edition Confirmed

RlXmh.jpg

Sony will release a compilation of thatgamecompany's three PlayStation Network exclusive titles, Flow, Flower, and Journey. The studio confirmed the news via Twitter this morning. No other details, including price and release date, were announced.

Game Informer has contacted Sony for additional comment.

[source: Twitter]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/21/journey-collector-39-s-edition-confirmed.aspx

Thinking PSN bundle, if disc would by, but already own all three via PSN.

They should throw in the soundtracks.

If disc based I would be tempted to buy as a gift for friends that have ignored such great titles. If PSN I can't really see how it's going to be a collectors edition.

I've not got flow but Flower and Journey are quite possibly two of my favorite experiences this generation. Other highlights would have to be the train fight on Uncharted 2,getting my Signature Edition GT5, as broken as that game was, it was still amazing and made all the better now with all the patches since. Probably another big plus was 3D, playing games in that mode really did open up a whole new feeling for me. People say it's a fad or not working great yet, well I'm certainly happy with the results being put out already so when the next generation of consoles come along if they can do it better I will be more than happy.

D'oh! I bought Journey a few weeks ago. If I had known about this deal then I would have probably got it, although I think the only one I have yet to buy is Flower, which I've already played through once. I guess I wouldn't have minded going through it again though.

Eh, depending on the price maybe I will get it. Or maybe I'll just go and buy Flower, it depends if there is going to be any extra content on the Collector's edition or not.

Here is the full details on the disc release bundle.

Journey Collector's Edition, a Blu-ray collection of thatgamecompany's three PlayStation Network games, will launch on August 28th in North America for $29.99, the studio announced today.

The collection, which will be the company's first retail release, bundles 2007's Flow, 2009's Flower, and 2012's Journey onto one disc, along with a host of bonus content.

As the titular game, Journey gets a particular focus thanks to a half-hour making-of documentary and eight new PSN avatars. The highlight of the package is "Creator Commentary" for each game, which provides the opportunity to play through the titles with "insights ... straight from the minds of the designers, artists, engineers and composers who worked together to make these games so special."

The Collector's Edition also includes each game's original score, as well as three previously unreleased minigames developed during the studio's internal 24-hour game jams. "Gravediggers," "Duke War!!," and "Nostril Shot" offer "madcap competitive multiplayer action," a different experience from what we've come to expect from thatgamecompany.

Release information for regions outside North America is forthcoming, but for now, you can read the full list of bonus content below.

• 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
  • Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
  • Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
  • Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
  • Original soundtracks for all three games
  • PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
  • PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
  • Official game trailers and developer diary videos
  • Reversible cover art