MARS ONE - The first human settlement plan for Mars (2023)

Human settlement on Mars in 2023

Finally the official plan for settlement of Humans to the outer space i.e. Mars has been proposed. Mars One is the official plan for the migration of Humans to the Red Planet. This realistic project is optimal for colonization in Mars.

marsone.jpg

This project has been proposed with the support of scientists and astrologers all over the world. And moreover there is also a lot buzz regarding the first person to land on Mars.
Moreover there is already very intelligently made road map for the preparation of this project. Many plans and astronaut trainings will be held for this project only. This is only to help the Humans how the life would be at Mars.

MarsOne2025.jpg

Source

http://mars-one.com

This has been deicussed extensively on the aerospace forums.

Basically: SpaceX DragonRider as cargo and human delivery vehicles, with re-use as logistical and habitat modules after. Falcon Heavy could deliver a DragonRider and a sizeable amout of cargo to Mars, more once it gets a more energetic upper stage.

NASA and SpaceX are already laying the groundwork for this ideas enabling tech by cooperating on the Ice Dragon and Red Dragon mission propsals for ~2018. At last weeks Mars mission conference they consumed a lot of discussion.

Awesome!!!! and 2023.... at least I wouldn't be as old as I thought...

Why can't they build the Pods/Living Modules half underground-half above(or mostly underground-small bit peeking above), providing more strength and safety against storms and quakes.

The All-above ground setup to me seems kind of dangerous and not fully secure.

sick of earth drama :(

And you think things will be much better being confined to a small space with people you potentially don't like on an a personal level? Yeah, you keep dreaming on! :laugh:

A about time , we need to start planning this just in case something to earth

If we can survive on Mars we can survive through pretty much any environmental disaster on Earth.

OK

where can i sign-up ?

sick of earth drama :(

Take humans to mars, what's going to be different ?

Same sh*t different place ;)

We can't even pull a country out of poverty, keep people in rich countries off the streets, make a shopping trolley go in a straight line... live on mars... naa

Will there be wifi?

Probably, but the internet will consist of you and your 3 neighbours :p

You could be the sole founder of MS, Apple, Google and Facebook though :D

Probably, but the internet will consist of you and your 3 neighbours :p

You could be the sole founder of MS, Apple, Google and Facebook though :D

Would it be mww. or something else?

Would it be mww. or something else?

lol, pww (planet wide web)

EDIT - Actually would be more like "Little metal house wide web"