Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jnelsoninjax

McDonald

17 posts in this topic

Apparently there

Honesty, who would have thought!? :p

Honesty, who would have thought!? :p

Perhaps what is more shocking is that they use real food! (notice they made an effort to state that everything was just the same as it would be in the store), imho it seems like they were really trying to 'sell' that point!

alright I never understood why people care about this, you want food not a piece of art to eat... of course they want to make it look good for ads, you want to clearly show what is on the sandwich in the picture... that doesn't mater when its going into your mouth... I never understood why people want it to look exactly like in the pictures when they get it... thats impossible when you throw it into a wrapper and into a bad where it gets smushed by the weight of everything else in the bad...

They usually or use to look so perfect (havent walked into or seen a maccas ad in a long while) that I would have thought they were plastic or CGI by now :p I think McDonalds is getting out and leading the pack on this one, dont think its going to increase sales much but I like the demystifying aspect of this.

Burger surgery. I've seen it all now...

They all do that.

2 people like this

Whoa, no paint, no glue, etc?

This is fascinating, thanks for posting!

I have seen a behind the scenes of burgers before, apparently they also don't cook the beef patty right through to make it look better, and in this case the studio beef patty looks MUCH bigger than the storek one so to say it is exactly the same ingredients as the store is a bit dubious here, Aside from this, it takes a lot of guts for McDonalds CA to expose their own marketing tactics like this, when such special preparations for the camera are usually controversial, so I have a lot of respect for them that did this at all and showed as much as they did, especially showing the fact that they Photoshop it to make it look more appetizing.

There is a difference between the actual burger and the photographed advertising burger.

Because this video is actually an advert (an advert that borrows from reality television conventions but is just as much constructed as any other), what is the difference between what we see in it and how they actually produce their photographs of the burgers? It pretends to be an expose, but it's as much an advert as any other.

This is pretty standard for all photo shoots of food products. sometimes it's not even food being photographed, just something molded or carved or manufactured to make it look like food.

Nothing new all food is photographed like this.

Still false advertising.

1 person likes this

Still false advertising.

how? you still get everything that is there, you just get a packaged version that is smushed closer together... do you seriously want food prep people to take a long time to find the perfect bun for you? in the end it all goes to the same place

Perhaps what is more shocking is that they use real food! (notice they made an effort to state that everything was just the same as it would be in the store), imho it seems like they were really trying to 'sell' that point!

Not all ads use real full. Lots of times cereal ads use glue instead of milk. Crazy stuff.

Besides a double cheeseburger is .99cents. if i wanted a primped burger I will go to chef Geoffs and pay $15.

Besides you get what you pay for. if you want an appealing burger, make one yourself or go to a takeaway shop.

This is standard in food photoshooting for advertisements.

1 person likes this