Facebook Just Changed Your Email Without Asking

Facebook Just Changed Your Email Without Asking?Here?s How to Fix It

Hey, here's something really stupid and annoying: Facebook abruptly switched everyone's default email address to the @facebook.com account you've never used. Here's how to switch back Facebook's obnoxious overreach right now. So people can actually, you know, contact you.

Remember long, long ago, when Facebook launched a Facebook email system and then nobody used it? That's fine?it was always just an option you were more than welcome to completely ignore. And we did, because we already had Gmail and work inboxes, and didn't need yet another. If our friends wanted to email us, they could just head to our profiles and have options.

medium.jpg

Not today! If you go to your profile (or anyone else's), you'll see the @facebook.com email account listed, and none of your others. They've all been hidden in a ham-handed attempt to make the Facebook inbox relevant.

Luckily, it's easy to fix this foolish move. Go to your Timeline. Click about, under your contact info. Scroll down to "Contact Info" and hit edit. Switch all of the crossed out circle symbols to a full circle for each inbox you want visible on your profile. If you don't want @facebook.com to show up, switch it from a full circle to crossed out.

This is also a good opportunity to check your privacy settings and make sure your various inboxes are visible only to friendlies. Hit save.

Facebook: don't do this again.

Source: Gizmodo

I actually like this change. I will explain.

I barely use Facebook. Any of my real friends know my actual email address to contact me.

All those people on my friends list that I barely talked to in high school but somehow 20 years later we are friends on Facebook, well let them email me at this make believe email address if they ever need to.

I too like this change, now my e-mail won't be flooded with facebook emails telling me I have notifications. If I cared enough about having notifications, I would check them days before I get an e-mail saying I have things to look at.