mutual ufo network oregon

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:29

[. . .] And for the people who believe 'God' created us well just apply the same logic to that story too and suddenly it's not so crazy after all.

No, it's just as crazy. Believing any deities exist—based on no proof—is crazy, just like believing aliens created us—based on no proof—is crazy.

[. . .] Aliens do not exist [. . .]

Stating that with certainty is foolish, considering how many galaxies exist. It's very likely that aliens exist.

#32 +PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• 1,316 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8 (Nokia 1020)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:35

No, it's just as crazy. Believing any deities exist—based on no proof—is crazy, just like believing aliens created us—based on no proof—is crazy.

By your logic, believing in the big bang is crazy.

#33 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:36

By your logic, believing in the big bang is crazy.

Believing in anything that hasn't been/cannot be proven is crazy. That's just logical thinking. I wouldn't usually use the word 'crazy', but I was replying to what you said. I prefer to use the word 'foolish',

#34 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,755 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:38

And many things do exist -- just because a particular thing isn't in your back yard, does not mean it exists nowhere. ;)

Just because it could exist somewhere, doesn't mean it exists here.

#35 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,755 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:39

Stating that with certainty is foolish, considering how many galaxies exist. It's very likely that aliens exist.

Its a virtual certainty that 'aliens' (intelligent life on other worlds) exists, just due to the numbers involved. The real question is - have they visited earth? When I was younger, I was sure they had. Now, I'm convinced they haven't.

#36 +PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• 1,316 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:40

Believing in anything that hasn't been/cannot be proven is crazy. That's just logical thinking. I wouldn't usually use the word 'crazy', but I was replying to what you said. I prefer to use the word 'foolish',

If we had the technology to visit other planets and populate them, would we? Why would it be foolish to think it could have happened here in the past, it would explain a lot of mysteries.

#37 +PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• 1,316 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:43

If you people would take the time to do some research like I did, you would understand that what I say makes sense and is completly logical.

#38 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 23:44

Its a virtual certainty that 'aliens' (intelligent life on other worlds) exists, just due to the numbers involved. The real question is - have they visited earth? When I was younger, I was sure they had. Now, I'm convinced they haven't.

If that's what you meant in your previous post, I understand your point. It's hard to know how likely it is that aliens have or haven't visited Earth.

If we had the technology to visit other planets and populate them, would we? Why would it be foolish to think it could have happened here in the past, it would explain a lot of mysteries.

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. Thinking something is possible and exploring theories is not foolish at all (it's what should happen); however, stating something with certainty, basing that statement on no proof, is what is foolish, and that's what I was replying to. You stated with certainty that aliens created us; you didn't state it as a possibility.

#39 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,617 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:07

Do you think the gods believe in us ? ;)

#40 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:08

Do you think the gods believe in us ? ;)

If I was a god, I don't think I'd have much faith in humanity :p

#41 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,617 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:10

^ Humans are meant to find their own way, as 'God' originally did. ;)

We have to mature to a certain level, before widespread 'Alien' contact happens.

But contact has happened.

#42 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:41

I believe that we were a parasite, low-level species on another planet, and some aliens dropped us off here as a science experiment. Then, they forgot about us. When they come back they will see we are no longer cave-men, spreading, and killing wildlife with clubs. Instead we are somewhat intelligent beings, with technology that we use instead, to spread and kill wildlife with guns, thus proving, nothing has changed, we just learned how to make tools to do what we already did to ruin their planet. Then they will wipe us out, cause we are a failed experiment.
:rofl:

(I don't actually believe this. But with religion, and all the other theories flying around, this one seems just as viable and theoretically possible as those! I think the word Calum used was, 'foolish,' yeah. It has a nice ring to it.)

#43 Guest_nicconics_*

Guest_nicconics_*

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:43

Proof?

Contact DARPA, USDOD, or the Military if you need such proof. Don't be surprised if someone ends up at your door though.

#44 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:49

Go watch Ancient Aliens on the History channel.

That's one of my favorite shows. I watch the show with a skeptical eye, of course, but they bring out many interesting facts. Puma Pumku is one of them. Doesn't prove that aliens were involved but it does prove to me that we might not know our history as well as we think we do.

#45 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,617 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 00:52

^ And you are correct. ;)