From UFO disbeliever to believer

That is exactly why I no longer believe they've visited Earth. With the prevalence of camera, camcorders, phones, surveillance, etc - there should be undeniable proof. There isn't.

I no longer believe either, with this being on of the reasons.

If aliens existed there would be multiple way to verify it. Any one thing wouldn't be enough. Even if Obama himself (idk why it always has to be an American/U.S. govt. Why couldn't it be an Australian Leader? Or an Italian, French, Chinese, Russian, etc.?) came out and said "hey d00dz, aliens exist!" He'd have to provide empirical, corroborating evidence.

nice post. (Y)

i used America and Obama as an example b/c of the way americans think. if any other country told the world that aliens exist and we have proof, then americans would just say "ha, yeah right... those crazy Aussies. you think im going to believe them?" Lord help them if it were Russia or China outing the aliens, right?

That is exactly why I no longer believe they've visited Earth. With the prevalence of camera, camcorders, phones, surveillance, etc - there should be undeniable proof. There isn't.

while i tend to agree, in their defense, people arent usually walking around w/ expensive cameras ready to record an alien ship in the sky. as far as i know there arent surveillance cameras watching the sky either. when people think they see a UFO, they whip out their phone and start taking pictures or shooting grainy video. a lot of the time theyre excited and have a hard time stabilizing the phone. then, they think it's a good idea to try to zoom in on a tiny object in the sky which only makes it worse.

while i tend to agree, in their defense, people arent usually walking around w/ expensive cameras ready to record an alien ship in the sky. as far as i know there arent surveillance cameras watching the sky either. when people think they see a UFO, they whip out their phone and start taking pictures or shooting grainy video. a lot of the time theyre excited and have a hard time stabilizing the phone. then, they think it's a good idea to try to zoom in on a tiny object in the sky which only makes it worse.

You don't need anything better than an iPhone to record video/take pictures with high enough quality.

Actually, there are "professional" UFO hunters with some pretty high-tech gear. I've never seen anything recorded by them that doesn't look, or been identified as, natural phenomenon.

Surveillance cameras don't watch the sky, however, there is radar and other ways countries patrol and protect their airspace.

nice post. (Y)

i used America and Obama as an example b/c of the way americans think. if any other country told the world that aliens exist and we have proof, then americans would just say "ha, yeah right... those crazy Aussies. you think im going to believe them?" Lord help them if it were Russia or China outing the aliens, right?

Fair point. But as I said, if they could corroborated their claim, it simply couldn't be dismissed out of hand.

everytime though? I mean, I have no idea how many reported ufo sightings there are each day, month, or year but take the OP for example... 3 people in their immediate family saw one, so that leads me to believe the # of sightings is fairly high - but not once was there someone with a dslr camera? a fairly decent cell phone camera (iphone sure takes nice pictures). nope, for some reason everyone of these people who do have a camera on them is carrying an old flip phone with 1 megapixel camera. I used to be one of those kids who would stare up at the sky all the time at night and just hope I saw something out of the ordianary, after all these years of crappy photos I have given up hope that ill never see "proof" in my lifetime.

everytime though? I mean, I have no idea how many reported ufo sightings there are each day, month, or year but take the OP for example... 3 people in their immediate family saw one, so that leads me to believe the # of sightings is fairly high - but not once was there someone with a dslr camera? a fairly decent cell phone camera (iphone sure takes nice pictures). nope, for some reason everyone of these people who do have a camera on them is carrying an old flip phone with 1 megapixel camera. I used to be one of those kids who would stare up at the sky all the time at night and just hope I saw something out of the ordianary, after all these years of crappy photos I have given up hope that ill never see "proof" in my lifetime.

youre right. :laugh:

but, just as an experiment, take your iphone (whatever phone you have) and take video or multiple pictures of a plane flying across the sky at 35k feet. or, closer to the ground, next time you see a hawk take video or pictures it as fast as you can. i'd be curious to see how they turn out, would they be super clear, or would the hawk just look like a dark mass?

youre right. :laugh:

but, just as an experiment, take your iphone (whatever phone you have) and take video or multiple pictures of a plane flying across the sky at 35k feet. or, closer to the ground, next time you see a hawk take video or pictures it as fast as you can. i'd be curious to see how they turn out, would they be super clear, or would the hawk just look like a dark mass?

Oh, I agree the chances of catching anything like that is difficult, I guess I just hoped the quality would increase over the years. The pics we see today look the same as the ones we've been seeing over the last 20 years.