OK woman lures teen into tanning booth

BARTLESVILLE, Oklahoma -- A Bartlesville woman was charged with a felony on Monday after luring a teenage boy into a tanning booth at a Bartlesville gym, stripping off her clothes and kissing him, court documents say.

In Washington County District Court, Betsy Ann Brashear, 24, of Bartlesville, was charged with lewd acts with a minor under 16.

The boy, who is 15 years old, accompanied his mother to Colaw Gym on Thursday, June 21, 2012 about midnight. The boy's mother told police Brashear was flirting with her son, so she asked other gym members to help her keep an eye on them.

A man who was working out later told the boy's mother that he saw the teen go into a tanning booth with Brashear, an affidavit says.

According to the affidavit, the mother pounded on the door and her son answered, but Brashear was attempting to hide in the room. The boy's mother then dragged Brashear, who was only wearing a sports bra, out of the room, the document says.

When she noticed Brashear was partially nude, the mother said she let Brashear go because there were several men watching.

To avoid further confrontation with the boy's mother, Brashear stayed inside the tanning booth until police arrived, the affidavit says.

The boy told investigators it began when Brashear asked him to spot her on the weights, then talked him into going into the tanning booth with her. Once inside, Brashear stripped off her clothes from the waist down and began kissing the boy, he said.

Brashear stated to police she knew the boy was only 15, "there was nothing wrong or illegal about giving someone a kiss" and denied taking off her clothes.

Brashear was arrested and booked into the Washington County Jail, and she was released Friday on $20,000 bond.

Court documents show as a condition of bond, Brashear was ordered to have no contact with any person under 18 who is not a family member.

Brashear is listed on an Oklahoma gymnastics web site as a Bartlesville youth coach.

She is due back in court July 13, 2012.

source

18875909_BG1.jpg

I really expected a horrible looking women, but really not that bad, must be crazy in the head for sure.

omg so over rated... then some adults would make a big deal out of this..

-> Shes hot

-> He wanted it

-> She did not force him,etc

He went in for it... god dam I wish I was him.... her flirting at me and then getting me into that room, ahhhhhhhhh

What's the big deal here?.... he went for it so like?...

god dam ... why such a big deal made out of it

• Like 1

She is truly OK for your taste, bro'.

all girls on earth look bad when not done up, when you get a girlfriend you will learn this.

all girls on earth look bad when not done up, when you get a girlfriend you will learn this.

Not a fan of natural beauty, eh? :laugh:

• Like 2

I like how stories like this use words like "lured" - it's a little emotive...

Exactly.. something tells me it wasn't too difficult to do ;)

• Like 2

Beati pauperes spiritu.

You poor soul. I'd hate to be lumped with an ugly girlfriend. lol

That's simply not true.

I've seen my best friend and my fianc? amongst others without make-up and they look fabulous.

Not a fan of natural beauty, eh? :laugh:

Haha, seems so! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

Nice try, Chris Hanson.

My only point is that we are fighting against what we truly are, which is animals. It is perfectly possible for someone to fall in love with someone the law deems to young. A 16 year old sleeping with a 15 year happens to be illegal also fyi. I would never want to be with someone more than 2 years younger than myself but that's just me. I know couples that have 10 years between themselves. It's not unheard of. For all we know these two had a relationship going on but there is really no way to tell because the media will be sure to skew it in a way that favors the majority, which is this women is a pedophile and must be put to death because "think of the children"
  • Like 1

Fifteen is like three years after horny kicks in - great day in his life, tell you what.

Right until he got **** blocked by his mother.

Just kidding. I think this was pretty creepy to be honest. If it were a 24 year old man and a 15 year old girl people would be wanting to string him up.