Keep the motor running ...

RANCHO CORDOVA ?- Police in Rancho Cordova say a man robbed a Target pharmacy and then climbed into a waiting taxi last week.

?He didn?t strike me as anything other than slightly off," said Larry Decker, the Yellow Cab of Rancho Cordova cabbie who unwittingly drove the suspect. "I pulled up to Target, he put two bags in the back of the cab, said I wait I have to pick up a prescription. I guess he did, just not the way I was thinking."

According to their log, Rancho Cordova Police say a man called a taxi to the Target store on Olson Drive. The man went inside the store and gave a note to the pharmacy worker, demanding all the Norco, Vicodin, Lortab and Oxycontin they had.

The man allegedly told the pharmacy worker in the note that he?d shoot him if he didn?t hand over the drugs.

?Although no weapon was actually brandished or seen, he threatened he had one," Sacramento Sheriff's Deputy Jason Ramos said.

After getting his drugs, the man reportedly got into the waiting cab outside.

The man was later arrested, with police being able to recover nearly all of the almost 4,000 pills he had stolen.

source