Tango update for Nokia Lumia 710 and 800 start rolling out

Like right now :D

Lolz!

Even though this is a minor update there are a few nice things in there, I like the added MMS features as well.

So I've got a new market place icon, tethering, and flip to silence, What features are new in MMS?

Where are Camera Extras, Counters, and Contact share? Can't find them on the phone, or on the market place.

I remember hearing that new MMS features were adding multiple media files to messages and I think voice messages can be recorded and added to them too

I remember hearing that new MMS features were adding multiple media files to messages and I think voice messages can be recorded and added to them too

That's right, voice and video messages can be sent now. I think these also apply to IMs as well but you'll have to try that. I.e. you can now send a video/voice/picture via IM if you're connected to WLM or Facebook chat?

The Nokia camera extras are an app you have to download, don't think they come with the update. Once you have the app installed the camera extras are accessed through the camera itself when you go to take a picture. Another tango change is the new location services icon in the drop down menu at the top. When a app is accessing the location service you now get that icon to let you know that it's going on.

Via MMS, and Messenger I can now send... picture or video, voice note, ringtone. Which of those is new? I cant remember lol

The send icon is greyed out for facebook chat. Would have been cool if that uploaded to SkyDrive and sent a link.

Yeah, those apps are supposed to be available for download once you have the update installed, but they are not. Not yet anyway.

Really really hope the Camera Extras app fixes the red spot issue. Why is nobody really bitching about that?

Via MMS, and Messenger I can now send... picture or video, voice note, ringtone. Which of those is new? I cant remember lol

The send icon is greyed out for facebook chat. Would have been cool if that uploaded to SkyDrive and sent a link.

Yeah, those apps are supposed to be available for download once you have the update installed, but they are not. Not yet anyway.

Really really hope the Camera Extras app fixes the red spot issue. Why is nobody really bitching about that?

Video, voice note, and ringtone is all new, also multiple images per MMS is new. Before you could only send pictures and one per MMS which was a pain. As for FB chat, yeah, maybe that's a limit on the facebook chat integration?

Some rumors says it is possible to change search engine in IE after the update, heavy unconfirmed...

BTW. Still no update for Lumia 800 Vodafone.de branded, damn :p

Some rumors says it is possible to change search engine in IE after the update, heavy unconfirmed...

If only that were true :/ (if it is, I can't find the option anywhere)

I also really really want profiles, timed ones, so that the phone automatically goes silent after 12pm etc. Mrs. FiB3R is not happy bunny when drunk mates phone me at 3am

I'm in the UK, Lumia 800 on o2 I got the update at about 7pm, mine said it installed 3 updates in total, two for tango/mango refresh and one from nokia.

is your device from O2 or somewhere else (like Carphone Warehouse/Phones 4U)?

I've got a O2 UK Lumia 800, but no update yet. Whats your product code?

If only that were true :/ (if it is, I can't find the option anywhere)

I also really really want profiles, timed ones, so that the phone automatically goes silent after 12pm etc. Mrs. FiB3R is not happy bunny when drunk mates phone me at 3am

Even a separate volume for alarms and ringtones would do

No update yet for a 710 unlocked no branding.... odd but only used for development and given that up now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Nokia owner but my LG Optimus 7 finally got Tango today, 8773.

Also it seems Nokia has started to push out 8779 for it's Lumia phones. This build is something that might be just for Nokia phones. I don't know if HTC, Samsung and the rest will get it but maybe.

I'm installing 7.10.8773 right now on my unbranded Mozart.

what's new?

Mostly MMS updates and bug fixes. It's minor but it's still good to have. You can now send more things via MMS and multiple objects per MMS etc.