MP3 Player Needed With Certain Characteristics

A customer of mine is looking for an easy to use mp3 player and mainly she is going to use it for listening to audio books. She wants to connect it in her car CD Player / Stereo to listen thru the speakers.

She also needs an easy to read screen and navigation to browse her way to the books she downloads. One final thing she is asking is that when she pauses / stops or turns off the device in the car that she be able to resume where she left off.

Are there any players out there that support what she wants? I do not use mp3 players much so I don't know if she is asking to much?

Thanks for any help

Victor

Anyone?

Yes I thought of that. iPod is to much money for her all she wants is audio books mostly and a little music. No pictures or video and everything else the iPod has so lets declare that out.

SanDisk seems to be OK

I have 2 Big Lots close to me. Thanks for the tip but tablet is to big for her. She needs small, basic you can say mp3 player

I just saw the tablet and it looks decent. 4.0 Android..

or you can get an android phone that's used and just not activate it..... added bonus of wifi as well rather then a mp3 player standalone...

SanDisk seems to be OK

I use the Sansa Fuse to listen to audio books. It has resume playback so when you do pause or turn it off you can resume where you stopped. It's small, light, battery is good, plays flac files also so good for music and will take a micro sdhc card to add to the fuse internal memory.

Ipod Nano, honestly, they work great for audio books, especially the M4B format which has all the features you want. and you can sync to the computer and continue listening there from the same spot.

Thanks for the advice. I forgot about the nano and the fuse sounds fine also. The Galaxy will be to much for her but it looks like I may look at it for me :shifty:

Thanks for the advice. I forgot about the nano and the fuse sounds fine also. The Galaxy will be to much for her but it looks like I may look at it for me :shifty:

Version 5 is out. I linked to version 4 in my previous post.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to provide an update and end this thread. We are not going to get an mp3 player. I just found out today from her that she has a Kindle and has downloaded books there and it has text to speech and actual audio books.

I played with it and indeed it works very nice. Anyhow I got it connected to the car stereo and we could hear the books. So no more to need to look for or buy an MP3 player. Sorry people for the false alarm but I did not know anything. Still I have saved all links and thanks all for the advice.