Plane crash surviver says he believed he saw his soul walking out

A Romanian man who survived a plane crash on Saturday said he didn't realise he was alive and believed he was experiencing his soul walking out of the plane wreckage.

A small plane, a Cesna 206 crashed in Cornetu village, outside Bucharest, soon after taking off on Saturday. Fortunately all four passengers survived the accident.

One of the lucky survivors, Hijazi Amer told Romania TV news channel that he didn't believe he would survive the crash.

"We were all waiting to die. We noticed when the motor stopped and we looked down as the plane was spiraling down. That's it, total silence. We saw the plane crashing . It is difficult to explain... it's like all life stops and the time has no meaning anymore", he said.

The man said that he didn't realise that he survived. "I didn't believe I made it, it took me some time... In the first moments after the crash, I was sure that it was my soul waking out the wreckage. Now we are ok", the survivor said.

All the passengers have been rushed to a nearby hospital with minor injures. They will receive counseling for overcoming the crash shock.

source

post-37120-0-92707600-1340897831.jpg

The brain does some pretty amazing things when it is trying to protect itself / your body, I guess the combination of chemicals it releases and parts it shuts down would very much feel as if you were having an out of body experience.

OOBEs are real -- I have had conscious experiences, that were not 'in my brain'.

:s

Although, that actually explains a lot.

OOBEs are real -- I have had conscious experiences, that were not 'in my brain'.

Technically speaking, everything you experience is ALL in your brain. So yes it was in your brain.

The brain does some pretty amazing things when it is trying to protect itself / your body, I guess the combination of chemicals it releases and parts it shuts down would very much feel as if you were having an out of body experience.

It could have very well been a sensory overload. In a situation like this, you are experiencing many different emotions, as well as physical things. The brain could just become overloaded with such chaos, that we just sort of become disattached to reality for the moment.

The guy's quote doesn't say anything about him 'seeing his soul walking out' or anything about an out of body experience. He just could not comprehend that he survived and thought that his physical body, as he was walking out was actually his soul. If he had an OOBE he would have seen his body in the third person, not his soul.

Dammit, all you have to do is stand by the door and step out of the plane just before it hits the ground! Bugs Bunny does this on the regular.

I know, right ? I've done this a million times.

thumbnail.aspx?q=4979856283467779&id=d54346d244ede277baad70a79adae441

Technically speaking, everything you experience is ALL in your brain. So yes it was in your brain.

reflexes happen before anything happens in your brain.

reflexes happen before anything happens in your brain.

How can they, when it's your brain that issues the reflex instructions?

But you could argue that you still experience the result of a reflex movement which is triggered by the spinal chord. It's not as though you black out every time you have a reflex movement.