First Official Synopsis for Joseph Kosinski

jl9Mc.jpg

OBLIVION April 26, 2013

Genre: Action-adventure

Cast: Tom Cruise, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Melissa Leo

Directed by: Joseph Kosinski

Writers: William Monahan, Karl Gajdusek, Michael Arndt

Based on the Story by: Joseph Kosinski

Produced by: Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark, Barry Levine,

Duncan Henderson, Joseph Kosinski

Executive Producers: Dave Morrison, Jesse Berger

Tom Cruise stars in Oblivion, an original and groundbreaking cinematic event from the director of TRON: Legacy and the producer of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. On a spectacular future Earth that has evolved beyond recognition, one man?s confrontation with the past will lead him on a journey of redemption and discovery as he battles to save mankind.

Jack Harper (Cruise) is one of the last few drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack?s mission is nearly complete. Living and patrolling the breathtaking skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.

Oblivion will be shot in stunning digital 4K resolution on location across the United States and Iceland.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched it yesterday and I love it, but two of my friends said it wasn't so good. It begins slow and can get painful for those who want to see some fast paced action movie :) It's a bit romantic and also beautifully made. I think it's worth watching it. If you liked Moon, you will like this one also.

I think it's worth watching it. If you liked Moon, you will like this one also.

I saw it the other night and was...disappointed. It wasn't terrible, the first half was great and the scenery was captivating. My issue was the second half where

it basically seemed to be ripping off Portal 2.

At least, myself and my friend came to the same conclusion while we were sat there.

loved the movie, The scenery is amazing . while the storyline is nice, i wish the ending was not so sudden and wish it had slightly extended climax.

loved the movie, The scenery is amazing . while the storyline is nice, i wish the ending was not so sudden and wish it had slightly extended climax.

Have to leave something for the BD. Expect a extended or directors cut BD for this.

• 3 months later...

Bummer that those scenes were removed from the film because they add something more to the story. Specially the later one.