Would people still believe in God after we made contact with aliens?

Ever thought that God is just decoy that hinders human evolution of mind? Not a nutter here, trying to be serious.

"Religion - impeding human advancement for thousands of years"

cant explain something? God! something bad happens in the world? God has a plan! something good happens in the world? thank god!

even though God is all-powerful and all-knowing, he chooses to not simply obliterate Satan and save everyone from the earth. he's a vengeful and jealous God that needs to see people suffer

• Like 2

I would believe that the god exists, if it is proven it does. But I wouldn't support, worship, or follow the god if it supported most of what any of the popular holy books state it believes, and I wouldn't worship it anyway even if it's a nice god. If the god is nice, nothing bad would happen to me for not worshipping it ;)

:o)

great answer, loved your honesty.

thank you, for answering to the point.

2 Peter 3:3-4 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?..."

Believe what you will, I know God's word is true.

I love this topic, as a lifelong catholic I always wanted that answer regarding dinosaurs. If you start adding aliens to the mix... im not going to know what to do/believe :rofl:

• Like 1

2 Peter 3:3-4 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?..."

I wish I could see the point of no return where you accepted the notion that to question what you are told is wrong. That is the point where you abandoned reason in favor of belief to answer our natural human curiosity of the universe.

When something good happens its a miracle of God's will..

When something bad happens, God is strangely absent..

Note to Aliens, stay away from us...

• Like 3

I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. Just because the Bible was written with an Earth-centric point of view, doesn't mean things didn't exist outside of Earth. Heck, they didn't know about North/South America, let alone other planets.

Ever thought that aliens could be a decoy to let us think that God doesn't exist? Satan is the master of deception... why all the movies lately about aliens? Why are we being brainwashed by the media to accept that aliens exist? If something does expose itself, we will all have our guard down to accept whatever it is... not a nutter here, trying to be serious

Which is why the only religion that makes any sense today is Satanism as described in Firefly.

God is imprisoned in Hell and Satan has taken his place, and everyone who prays to god now is actually praying to satan. It would be the only religion that explains why prayers are never answered, why God doesn't care about the planet at all or the people he created on it. otherwise, god is a pretty lame ****** who doesn't care about pain and suffering or his children and a god not worth worshiping in any case.

personally I'll go with no god

What does any of the above have to do with the possibility of making contact with aliens?

This about sums it up:

?Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God??

-Epicurus

I'm not scared. No "god" or any other reasonable deity would punish people or demand that they suspend rationality to blind faith.

• Like 2

Is that not a blinkered belief based on blindness?

EDIT: Of course by your belief you would just treat this thread as a test of your faith would you not?

The fact is the earth is over 4 billion years old and we know dinosaurs roamed the earth 65 million years ago. Neither of these facts have stopped people believing in god when no religions discuss either of these events until after we found out about them through scientific research. So I don't think alien communication will change religious peoples beliefs either. They will just say oh wow God is so great he even made neighbors for us among the stars.

• Like 4

I love this topic, as a lifelong catholic I always wanted that answer regarding dinosaurs. If you start adding aliens to the mix... im not going to know what to do/believe :rofl:

Just imagine that God's 6 day creation were a literal 6 days... that would mean that dinos lived with us. There are actually specimens of foot prints of humans with dinos walking together preserved in stone. God gave us dominion over all creation, so that would make sense. The dinos died out with the great flood. I'm sure they were on Noah's Ark as God had instructed, but because of the change that the earth made after the flood, the dinos probably couldn't survive. Probably not enough food for them. There have been more recent cases of dinos... Just think about the Loch Ness monster. What about the old Chinese legends of dragons? The word we use Dinosaurs is a very recent term. Before the were called dragons. It's even documented that the Chinese had dragons, and had tamed them. There is even a creature in the Old Testament named Leviathan. SOunds a lot like a dino to me. Read about it in Job 41:1-41:34

I could go on :) Trust God's word, He doesn't lie

Maybe the NWO and Illuminati are planting brain control chips in our heads to pervert us from the obvious truth of God. I mean the bible proclaims itself to be the word of god, and we know the bible is the word of God because the bible tells us that it's the word of God. I mean how could one not follow such flawless logic, there's NO WAY people could have a legitimate reason to doubt that!

:laugh:

You have to hand it the Illuminati, they have been around since Christianity... Coincidence?

Bible 3.0 change log

+ Added support for alien creation

+ Tweak back story to support alien creation

I wouldn't be suprised because there are already so many "supposed" iterations of the Bible. Only Islam has had the same book ever since they it was revealed. I personally am a very religious Muslim and I believe that religious leaders have been editing religious texts to suit their needs ever since true organized religion began. I don't blame people who are athiest's, you have no idea what to trust. I just recently rediscovered true Islam and I hope everyone will one day find salvation and the truth. Also about the aliens, there must be some aliens, in the Quran for example it is said that there are seven skies... that was left by God for people to interpret it in any way. That's why true Muslims's believe there is another species similar to human's called "Jinn" who are in a different dimension and can interfere with humans but humans can't see them but can also interfere with them in some ways.

Just imagine that God's 6 day creation were a literal 6 days... that would mean that dinos lived with us. There are actually specimens of foot prints of humans with dinos walking together preserved in stone. God gave us dominion over all creation, so that would make sense. The dinos died out with the great flood. I'm sure they were on Noah's Ark as God had instructed, but because of the change that the earth made after the flood, the dinos probably couldn't survive. Probably not enough food for them. There have been more recent cases of dinos... Just think about the Loch Ness monster. What about the old Chinese legends of dragons? The word we use Dinosaurs is a very recent term. Before the were called dragons. It's even documented that the Chinese had dragons, and had tamed them. There is even a creature in the Old Testament named Leviathan. SOunds a lot like a dino to me. Read about it in Job 41:1-41:34

Holy imagination Batman :rofl:

> footprints of humans alongside dinosaurs

> no source

> correction, no source exists

> dinos died out with the great flood

> what flood?

> probably not enough food for them

> wat?

> Loch Ness monster

> Dragons

> Leviathon

> folk lore being used as proof

Your whole argument, and world for that matter, is centered around assumptions and he said, she said. You clearly do not understand basic principals of having an intelligent debate. This would not be isolated to a debate on religion either. It is evident that you don't understand how to build a case based on tangible proof. Thus is your belief system.

• Like 2

Just imagine that God's 6 day creation were a literal 6 days... that would mean that dinos lived with us. There are actually specimens of foot prints of humans with dinos walking together preserved in stone.God gave us dominion over all creation, so that would make sense. The dinos died out with the great flood. I'm sure they were on Noah's Ark as God had instructed, but because of the change that the earth made after the flood, the dinos probably couldn't survive. Probably not enough food for them. There have been more recent cases of dinos... Just think about the Loch Ness monster. What about the old Chinese legends of dragons? The word we use Dinosaurs is a very recent term. Before the were called dragons. It's even documented that the Chinese had dragons, and had tamed them. There is even a creature in the Old Testament named Leviathan. SOunds a lot like a dino to me. Read about it in Job 41:1-41:34

You have ignored my previous posts, but while I wait for a reply yo that one, I'd love for you to provide some proof of this as well.

• Like 1

hahahaha

• Like 2

You have to hand it the Illuminati, they have been around since Christianity... Coincidence?

I wouldn't be suprised because there are already so many "supposed" iterations of the Bible. Only Islam has had the same book ever since they it was revealed. I personally am a very religious Muslim and I believe that religious leaders have been editing religious texts to suit their needs ever since true organized religion began. I don't blame people who are athiest's, you have no idea what to trust. I just recently rediscovered true Islam and I hope everyone will one day find salvation and the truth. Also about the aliens, there must be some aliens, in the Quran for example it is said that there are seven skies... that was left by God for people to interpret it in any way. That's why true Muslims's believe there is another species similar to human's called "Jinn" who are in a different dimension and can interfere with humans but humans can't see them but can also interfere with them in some ways.

Well, while it's been credited to comic books, The bible is the original and first piece of fiction to have been retconned, and it's also the most retconned book in history.

of course they call it "new and better translations from the old original language which noone really understands" and "modifying the text to fit the modern days and youth while retaining the same message"

"modifying the text to fit the modern days and youth while retaining the same message"

I'm waiting for the MTV generation edition of the bible. "And so Lady Gaga had to choose which of her dresses to take on Kanye West's ark for she could only take two of each material." :rofl:

• Like 3

Holy imagination Batman :rofl:

> footprints of humans alongside dinosaurs

> no source

> correction, no source exists

> dinos died out with the great flood

> what flood?

> probably not enough food for them

> wat?

> Loch Ness monster

> Dragons

> Leviathon

> folk lore being used as proof

Your whole argument, and world for that matter, is centered around assumptions and he said, she said. You clearly do not understand basic principals of having an intelligent debate. This would not be isolated to a debate on religion either. It is evident that you don't understand how to build a case based on tangible proof. Thus is your belief system.

Never mind the fact that Leviathans, are older than the bible, and is something the bible adopted from earlier religions along with a lot of other things like Yule(well that's chrstianity). So if he blieves in Leviathans, that means he also has to believe in the old greek Gods ;)

They would say god created the aliens and then would come up with a random story to try and justify it.

We see it all the time with religious people trying to debunk science by making up stories that aren't referenced anywhere in the bible (or other book of religion).

I disagree, it would be more along the lines of they are the spawn of hell and need to be destroyed by means of some sort of religious war.

A fantastic hypothetical question.. and something I hope to witness in my lifetime - that is, making contact with extra terrestrials.

I think as has been summarised, I can imagine it might shake out a percentage who only had slight belief in a god of some kind. But I think the diehards would believe it no matter how much evidence was presented.

Ever thought that aliens could be a decoy to let us think that God doesn't exist? Satan is the master of deception... why all the movies lately about aliens? Why are we being brainwashed by the media to accept that aliens exist? If something does expose itself, we will all have our guard down to accept whatever it is... not a nutter here, trying to be serious

I just find it so incredible that people genuinely think like this. Incredible and alarming.

• Like 2