Would people still believe in God after we made contact with aliens?

Guys Aliens didnt make us it saids so in the bible and if any Aliens from space said they made us and say they are our gods then they are in league with the Devil they are fallen angels.

Guys Aliens didnt make us it saids so in the bible and if any Aliens from space said they made us and say they are our gods then they are in league with the Devil they are fallen angels.

can't tell if your being sarcastic or not...

Just imagine that God's 6 day creation were a literal 6 days... that would mean that dinos lived with us. There are actually specimens of foot prints of humans with dinos walking together preserved in stone. God gave us dominion over all creation, so that would make sense. The dinos died out with the great flood. I'm sure they were on Noah's Ark as God had instructed, but because of the change that the earth made after the flood, the dinos probably couldn't survive. Probably not enough food for them. There have been more recent cases of dinos... Just think about the Loch Ness monster. What about the old Chinese legends of dragons? The word we use Dinosaurs is a very recent term. Before the were called dragons. It's even documented that the Chinese had dragons, and had tamed them. There is even a creature in the Old Testament named Leviathan. SOunds a lot like a dino to me. Read about it in Job 41:1-41:34

I could go on :) Trust God's word, He doesn't lie

Apparently you lack an understanding of basic science. Not only are there no footprints of humans and dinosaurs walking together, we have extensive fossil records dating back billions of years. I hope whoever paid for your scientific "tuition" kept the receipt.

You have to hand it the Illuminati, they have been around since Christianity... Coincidence?

I was being sarcastic.

I wouldn't be suprised because there are already so many "supposed" iterations of the Bible. Only Islam has had the same book ever since they it was revealed. I personally am a very religious Muslim and I believe that religious leaders have been editing religious texts to suit their needs ever since true organized religion began. I don't blame people who are athiest's, you have no idea what to trust. I just recently rediscovered true Islam and I hope everyone will one day find salvation and the truth. Also about the aliens, there must be some aliens, in the Quran for example it is said that there are seven skies... that was left by God for people to interpret it in any way. That's why true Muslims's believe there is another species similar to human's called "Jinn" who are in a different dimension and can interfere with humans but humans can't see them but can also interfere with them in some ways.

For starters, you misquoted me I never actually made that post but i'll bite anyway.

There's no more truth in your religion than in any other. It's the same over authoritarianism, the same scientific delusions, the same violence and hatred against people who don't fit into the envelope. It's a different imaginary friend with the same logical pitfalls. I've already came pretty close to an understanding of the truth and sorry but your beliefs aren't it. And really even if I am wrong, the only one to blame here is God for being unable or unwilling to broadcast his supposed message in a coherent and understandable manner.

What if the aliens believe in God as well? No one seems to ever mention that possibility.

Any aliens with advanced enough technology to travel to earth are unlikely to still live in ages of mass delusion. I'd like to hope they'd be more likely to laugh at the kind of stupid crap humans believe

Not and its true its in the bible.

Oh and because the bible says so it simply must true. Because the bible says it's the word of God it couldn't possibly be wrong, even though there isn't a single shred of evidence for any of it's claims about reality :o

Any aliens with advanced enough technology to travel to earth are unlikely to still live in ages of mass delusion. I'd like to hope they'd be more likely to laugh at the kind of stupid crap humans believe

Oh and because the bible says so it simply must true. Because the bible says it's the word of God it couldn't possibly be wrong, even though there isn't a single shred of evidence for any of it's claims about reality :o

Javik if you want to believe in Aliens and they are our gods and made us that fine that your personal opinion. But it does say this in the bible they are in league with the devil that if they claim they made us and say they are our gods.Yes the bible isnt 100 percent what you said but majority of people believe in it even if it been rewritten from future genrations that have update the bible etc.

Javik if you want to believe in Aliens and they are our gods and made us that fine that your personal opinion. But it does say this in the bible they are in league with the devil that if they claim they made us and say they are our gods.Yes the bible isnt 100 percent what you said but majority of people believe in it even if it been rewritten from future genrations that have update the bible etc.

The earth has about 6.8 billion people, of whom around 2.1 billion are Christians. That does not, under any accepted definition of the word represent a majority. And a lot of people believing a lie doesn't make it less of a lie just FYI.

I never said that I believe Aliens are our gods, we don't have gods, gods are just a fantasy. I accept the possibility of there being life on other planets in the universe, in fact given the massive number of stars in the universe I'd say it's almost unlikely that there isn't life somewhere else out there but until we meet them it's just a compelling theory. I don't accept organised religion because the idea of invisible sky friends that have no problem with paedophilia, murder, rape, and all of the many other evils of the world but have a deep sense of concern over my sex life and what I put into my digestive tract is a patently stupid idea. I welcome the idea of aliens because frankly I'm sick of hearing the absurd notion that humanity is so amazing and important. I'm not interested in the bible's empty threats because imaginary threats aren't going to scare or coerce me, you see I prefer rationality to superstition.

There however is no connection. I reject religion because it's stupid not because I've been brainwashed by satanic aliens. And I'd suggest you step back and look at the patent ludicrousness of what you're suggesting.

• Like 3

Any aliens with advanced enough technology to travel to earth are unlikely to still live in ages of mass delusion. I

We have no way of knowing that.

Atheists would believe in the existence of whatever "thing" you provide irrefutable evidence of. Whether or not that thing is actually a deity, let alone YOUR particular "god", would still be subject to debate.

You mean evidence which is "visible" to our eyes, right?! :p

Bible 3.0 change log + Added support for alien creation + Tweak back story to support alien creation

AHAHAH yes!

They would still believe. They would just make up some excuse to explain how it's NOW ok. Like every damn time the world is supposed to end. "Ohh OOPS we were wrong but now we are right" rinse, repeat.

Man is created in the image of God right? So if there aliens look insane, what does God look like? Is there an Adam and Eve for every planet? There is nothing about Aliens in the Bible so religious people def. can't accept that Aliens exist. One could say God didn't think people could handle other beings that came from the sky, but you could then argue...they can handle GOD?! So WHEN alien contact is made public it will be hilarious to hear what religious people say.

Ever thought that aliens could be a decoy to let us think that God doesn't exist? Satan is the master of deception... why all the movies lately about aliens? Why are we being brainwashed by the media to accept that aliens exist? If something does expose itself, we will all have our guard down to accept whatever it is... not a nutter here, trying to be serious

Technically if you believe in god and the devil then you believe in aliens as they would be by definition alone.

As for not being a nutter, well that's just subjective. It could be seen as a little nutty to suggest alien movies are the work of the devil and not just entertainment for the sake of entertainment. We human's have naturally wondering minds and that wondering has always ventured into the unknown. The simple questions of where we came from, how our world begin and why lies beyond our world is a basic part of us. So naturally aliens is a part of that wondering. There is absolutely zero reason we need an outside force such as the devil to influence our wondering of aliens, that's really just silly beyond reason. Even if you're a believe in god, there is no reason to think this is the ONLY place in the entire universe that god created life for.

On another note, this thread really doesn't belong in this section.

er I know that in the King James bible it starts with " Let US make man in OUR image" so as far as I'm concerned either "god" is a nut bar and talks to himself or there is more than one which would lead to the belief that we were seeded by another more advanced race

the so-called divine power of god is nothing more than Technologically advanced science in the eyes of the uneducated and the Mayans and Egyptians and Indians (India) and the Incas all knew we were not alone in the universe thousands of years before Jesus ever came along and then he starts promoting Peace Love and Harmony something an advanced race must have in-order to advance

The problem is not with whether to believe in God or not , the problem is with it's definition.

I see God just as some mere energy controlling the laws of nature , nothing to do with emotions or being biased towards anything. We need Redefinition and not Removal.

2 Peter 3:3-4 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?..."

Believe what you will, I know God's word is true.

What you think you know to be true and what is actually true are two entirely different things.

Not sure about other religions, but, in my religion (Islam) God has told us through our holy book that besides creating us, He created many other beings that we know nothing about. We Muslims are open to the possible existence of other worldly beings.

"And He creates that which you do not know." ?Quran 16:8

what if the aliens have their own religion and force it upon us., kinda like the templars did back in the day.. Would be nice to see.. Invasiiooooon :D Falling Skies? :D

It depends on the religion. Islam, for example, may be open to the existence of aliens. Christianity, however, isn't (to my knowledge). I assume some or, perhaps, most Christians will see aliens as demons. If we do make alien contact and they visit us, it's possible that they'd colonize our planet. If that happens, it could easily be perceived as the end of the world. Of course, it's also possible that the aliens would be peaceful. Either way, it's hard to know for sure how religious people would react to something as monumental as alien contact.

It depends on the religion. Islam, for example, may be open to the existence of aliens. Christianity, however, isn't (to my knowledge). I assume some or, perhaps, most Christians will see aliens as demons. If we do make alien contact and they visit us, it's possible that they'd colonize our planet. If that happens, it could easily be perceived as the end of the world. Of course, it's also possible that the aliens would be peaceful. Either way, it's hard to know for sure how religious people would react to something as monumental as alien contact.

http://www.telegraph...mes-aliens.html

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/believing_in_aliens_not_opposed_to_christianity_vaticans_top_astronomer_says/