maine domestic violence assault

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 arachnoid

arachnoid

Copyright Withheld

• 3,841 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 20:53

Hair grows back,bruises heal,mental torture shows no physical signs.............how far do you push the boat out before you call it assault?

#17 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 20:56

Hair grows back,bruises heal,mental torture shows no physical signs.............how far do you push the boat out before you call it assault?

Ah yes, the "slippery slope" argument. Give it up, you're not proving anything to anyone.

#18 arachnoid

arachnoid

Copyright Withheld

• 3,841 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:08

Like I said if he had done it to her would you still consider it less than assault?

#19 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:28

Like I said if he had done it to her would you still consider it less than assault?

its assualt regardless of gender

Gender should play no role what so ever in crimes, except in cases where it actually has a reason, for example a mother who does something to her newborn because postpartum depression

#20 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,560 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:39

Maybe assault to his pride... but nothing else. Hair grows back. It was harmless. Society is in deep **** when we consider this to be a valid thing to arrest someone over...

It's damaging part of someone's body without their consent, and I used to know of a group of nasty girls in high school who would cut off the hair of other girls who had long pretty hair, that they were jealous of, basically. Nasty and catty and yes, assault.

#21 IceBreakerG

IceBreakerG

Local Ninja! Code Ninja That Is.

• 2,138 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:43

This may be slightly off topic, but am I the only one that noticed that this guy's name is "Thomas Thomas"?? :/

#22 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:55

It's damaging part of someone's body without their consent, and I used to know of a group of nasty girls in high school who would cut off the hair of other girls who had long pretty hair, that they were jealous of, basically. Nasty and catty and yes, assault.

If there was a "mass spree of hair cutting girls", and they kept doing it to a lot of people, then yes. But if it is just 1 girl, doing it to her boyfriend, who she warned, then no. Lets not look at this in the wrong way, or try to judge it by putting in other cases that are more severe.

#23 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:56

So maybe theft isnt a crime, after all you can get it back, its harmless.

Do items that are stolen normally naturally grow back in a month? Let's not be stupid for the sake of it....

#24 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 22:47

Do items that are stolen normally naturally grow back in a month? Let's not be stupid for the sake of it....

no, if they are returned they are back. you didnt lose anything so there isnt a loss.

If there was a "mass spree of hair cutting girls", and they kept doing it to a lot of people, then yes. But if it is just 1 girl, doing it to her boyfriend, who she warned, then no. Lets not look at this in the wrong way, or try to judge it by putting in other cases that are more severe.

So if he said "Im going to hit you if you come home drunk it would be okay? once again, no brusies or permanent damage.

#25 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 22:48

no, if they are returned they are back. you didnt lose anything so there isnt a loss.

What?

#26 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 23:01

What?

if the item stolen was returned, using your logic, the thief shouldnt be charged, because nothing was lost or permanent

#27 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 23:24

I'd be annoyed if someone shaved my head, I would flip tables if someone cut my eyebrows.

I woke up a couple of times with no eyebrow (s)

There used to be a big group of us and it became an ongoing battle when we were drinking to be the last to fall asleep, or at least not the first.

#28 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,917 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 23:50

Being a 'girlfriend', does not give her a right to shave his head.

If the situation were reversed, no one would support HIS actions.

#29 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 23:56

Geez people are .... I don't even have a word for it.

She cut his hair, so what !

#30 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 00:19

Barbers cut kids hair all the time without the kids authority. Sure, kids don't have any over their parents, but it's the same though, if we are going to go by all the "standards" being set... Arrest all barbers!!!!! /s Ya, i can go there lol

Hair grows back. This is probably one of the lightest ways to ever get revenge on someone, besides the old *point my finger at your chest and smack you in face with it when you look down* bit.... ASSAULT !!! :p