Apple lands preliminary ban against Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Wow.. Apple must be paying up big time to try to prevent competition in destroying iPhone. It's a disgrace what the legal system has become in this country.

I just hope Google manages to ban iPhone and IPads from US. This is truly insane.

Your legal system is a disgrace when it's in favor of Apple, yet you hope Google is able to do the same. Aha.

Your legal system is a disgrace when it's in favor of Apple, yet you hope Google is able to do the same. Aha.

hey you know what they say, Revenge is a dish best served cold :rofl:

When it comes to abusing the patent system you'll find more people sympathizing with those that counter-sue than with those that sue first. More so when those that sue first also sue far more often.

Looks like Apple got its revenge. ;)

Yup, Apple did alright. I wonder how they like that continuing decrease in marketshare...

Anyway, what Apple is doing is just bad for everyone. I'd say the same thing if things were switched around. Apple is trying to stifle competition and are just running scared. All they will do is slow down a few device sales here and there. And with updated devices coming out often, I hope Apple has fun filing a lawsuit for each and every one of them. They were on top for a while in the smart phone market (basically little to no competition at the time) but now that has changed and they need to switch gears and learn to compete like everyone else.

Apple needs to invest more time in their own products and improving them. I have tried Jelly Bean and it is tons time smoother than ICS is. And the extra features are pretty nice as well. Pretty soon Apple fans will need to find something else to complain about concerning the Android OS. And the version I tried of JB is just a really early leaked copy that was hacked from GSM to work on my Verizon LTE. So I am expecting an even smoother experience once the official source gets released for my device/carrier.

Apple are the ones trolling the patent system and ruining things for consumers. Hell yeah I hope they get a taste of their own medicine.

you really think he actually reported him? he most likely just said it to make a point so get over yourself

All I did was suggest not to abuse the system. God forbid I do that though, right? lol how about you get over yourself? :rolleyes:

Apple are the ones trolling the patent system and ruining things for consumers. Hell yeah I hope they get a taste of their own medicine.

It's more than just Apple my friend. :/

Yup, Apple did alright. I wonder how they like that continuing decrease in marketshare...

Anyway, what Apple is doing is just bad for everyone. I'd say the same thing if things were switched around. Apple is trying to stifle competition and are just running scared. All they will do is slow down a few device sales here and there. And with updated devices coming out often, I hope Apple has fun filing a lawsuit for each and every one of them. They were on top for a while in the smart phone market (basically little to no competition at the time) but now that has changed and they need to switch gears and learn to compete like everyone else.

Apple needs to invest more time in their own products and improving them. I have tried Jelly Bean and it is tons time smoother than ICS is. And the extra features are pretty nice as well. Pretty soon Apple fans will need to find something else to complain about concerning the Android OS. And the version I tried of JB is just a really early leaked copy that was hacked from GSM to work on my Verizon LTE. So I am expecting an even smoother experience once the official source gets released for my device/carrier.

Again, I wouldn't say "running scared" so much as using the arsenal they have provided to them right now, until they can launch their own behemoth.

You are right though, I'm hoping the success of Android gets them off their asses to push the quality of their devices farther. I'm really hoping the iOS 6 reveal wasn't all in store for the software on the next iPhone. Otherwise... it's gonna be a while before we see something new from them.

Let's ignore the fact if Google didn't breach their patents or licensed them Apple wouldn't have had the possibility to sue them to begin with.

As long as the actual amount of shipping unites don't decrease market share really doesn't mean all that much. The company isn't interested in being in the number one spot, never have. If they did they would allow their OS to run all hardware. Their closed model and limited amount of devices means per definition that it's next to impossible to hold the top spot indefinitely.

It's more than just Apple my friend. :/

Yep, and I hope that Microsoft, Oracle, and all of the others doing it get theirs as well.

Let's ignore the fact if Google didn't breach their patents or licensed them Apple wouldn't have had the possibility to sue them to begin with.

Or let's just ignore the fact that Apple deliberately apply for patents that are as vague as possible to troll the system and stifle competition, harming consumers in the process?

The battle of the patents....

Google- 2006

http://patft1.uspto....3&RS=PN/7844603'

Voice interface for a search engine

Abstract

A system provides search results from a voice search query. The system receives a voice search query from a user, derives one or more recognition hypotheses, each being associated with a weight, from the voice search query, and constructs a weighted boolean query using the recognition hypotheses. The system then provides the weighted boolean query to a search system and provides the results of the search system to a user.

VS.

Apple 2011

http://patft.uspto.g...4&RS=PN/8086604

Universal interface for retrieval of information in a computer system

Abstract

The present invention provides convenient access to items of information that are related to various descriptors input by a user, by means of a unitary interface which is capable of accessing information in a variety of locations, through a number of different techniques. Using a plurality of heuristic algorithms to operate upon information descriptors input by the user, the present invention locates and displays candidate items of information for selection and/or retrieval. Thus, the advantages of a search engine can be exploited, while listing only relevant object candidate items of information.

The true question does a device and the server it is connected to can be defined as a system..... ?? And does Googles other patents in reference to search pre-date the other patents such as searching the web which this said patent would use. The actual patents on Google search would Show only Relevant Objects which would be the "search system" from the first patent above.

Or let's just ignore the fact that Apple deliberately apply for patents that are as vague as possible to troll the system and stifle competition, harming consumers in the process?

Pretty smart move I'd say and apparently the system allows for it. ;)

For their bottom line, yes for other people no. It's rather staggering that people are so in love with brand names that they'll happily sit there and cheerlead things that harm them as consumers more than anyone else. If Apple have their way, they would eradicate Android altogether and the only people that can possibly lose in that scenario are users.

And it just goes to show just how jacked up of a system it is sadly. :pinch:

Here's a lovely info-graphic on the patent war. It's about a month old, but still interesting to see. Google ate up Motorola which should help with the 17k patents against them, and I believe the Oracle patent issues were thrown out against Google as well. And the Apple vs. Motorola one was thrown out for prejudice if memory serves right.

pzLjj.png

Apple wouldn't even dare to try the same thing here in the UK. Patents here have to be far more comprehensive rather than vague, back of a *** packet descriptions they get patents for in the ****ed up US patent system!!!

Competition is good for business, Apple just isn't!!!!

Wow.. Apple must be paying up big time to try to prevent competition in destroying iPhone. It's a disgrace what the legal system has become in this country.

I just hope Google manages to ban iPhone and IPads from US. This is truly insane.

Well, I don't like it, and still wont buy one. If they are the last ****ing smart phone in the US due to these stupid ****ing bans I wont have a phone. This **** is ****ing retarded, and until the people that buy the **** see what is happening its never going to change.

/OT

I don't honestly like what Apple is doing but I have access to both Galaxy Tab 10.1 (HC) and iPad2 from work. I am forcing myself to use the Gtab for past few days and I don't understand why Apple is worried about. It's a disaster on every level in terms of usability. :/

The battle of the patents....

Google- 2006

http://patft1.uspto....3&RS=PN/7844603'

VS.

Apple 2011

http://patft.uspto.g...4&RS=PN/8086604

The true question does a device and the server it is connected to can be defined as a system..... ?? And does Googles other patents in reference to search pre-date the other patents such as searching the web which this said patent would use. The actual patents on Google search would Show only Relevant Objects which would be the "search system" from the first patent above.

googles makes sense to me..

but apples looks like a mass of complicated words just strung together to sound good :s dont even understand wat apples patient is for :/