GS3: How to make Gmail default from calender

Hi all,

I've just received my Samsung galaxy S3 yesterday and have been playing around with it. One thing I've found that I can't change is in the calender app. There is an option to forward events via email. When I choose this it launches the normal GS3 email app rather than the Gmail app. Does anyone know how to change this please?

Thanks.

Try going into settings -> Apps -> Stock email app and "clear defaults". Then try it, it should prompt you to choose which app to use. If this doesn't work it's probably hard coded so you can't change it.

Tried it. Clear defaults wasn't an option. So I disabled the app. When I tried to forward an appointment by email s planner just crashed. Thanks for trying though!

Tried it. Clear defaults wasn't an option. So I disabled the app. When I tried to forward an appointment by email s planner just crashed. Thanks for trying though!

Its called Clear Data, not Clear Defaults. Try this on the calendar app as well as the email app.

As is this the stock calendar app or one that game with the SG3

Its called Clear Data, not Clear Defaults. Try this on the calendar app as well as the email app.

As is this the stock calendar app or one that game with the SG3

It's the S planner that comes with the GS3. Also I'm not sure if it is the stock email app or if it is a Samsung one as I can't see any branding on the email app.

It's the S planner that comes with the GS3. Also I'm not sure if it is the stock email app or if it is a Samsung one as I can't see any branding on the email app.

Not sure on the S Planner since its specific to the GS3. Tried going to XDA and posting the question there?

Not sure on the S Planner since its specific to the GS3. Tried going to XDA and posting the question there?

Might have to. Tried here first as it's my go to site for tech queries.

Might have to. Tried here first as it's my go to site for tech queries.

I would recommend it. You will find a much wider range of people who have the same device than you will here. Good luck. :)