Mac OS X Desktops - 3Q 2012

what's this icon set?

It's called Flurry, and the icons that I didn't like, I've found on Deviant art by searching for 'Flurry icons'. They are all free to use.

I thought mountain lion doesn't allow you to change dock icons. (the reason way candybar was shut down)

Well, official AppStore apps can't be changed with Candybar. You can however right-click them, and go to 'get Info' and just drag the icon over the old icon. Works great :).

yay just got my first Apple computer ( a MacBook Pro ) Friday night. Here is my first screenshot from it. Still trying to figure out what I want to do.

Mac Desktop 8-20-12.tiff

bah I see grab saves pictures as tiff's.. How do I change that? Or how else do I take a desktop snapshot?

yay just got my first Apple computer ( a MacBook Pro ) Friday night. Here is my first screenshot from it. Still trying to figure out what I want to do.

Mac Desktop 8-20-12.tiff

bah I see grab saves pictures as tiff's.. How do I change that? Or how else do I take a desktop snapshot?

Press cmd + shift + 3 to get a nice PNG saved on your desktop

Aaron,

you can still change all that stuff on Mountain Lion? If so would you mind sharing your itunes and black theme for the top bar?

Aaron,

you can still change all that stuff on Mountain Lion? If so would you mind sharing your itunes and black theme for the top bar?

I second this.

Also, how did you manage to get the dock icons changed. I thought Apple locked down the application icons in ML so that we can't change the dock icons anymore.

I'd also like to know if this is ML, and if so how did you change the dock icons..

I know [think] you can change them if you go back to the 2D dock, but the default 3D one is, as far as I've heard, locked down.. I would LOVE to be able to change mine..

Aaron,

I second this.

Also, how did you manage to get the dock icons changed. I thought Apple locked down the application icons in ML so that we can't change the dock icons anymore.

I'd also like to know if this is ML, and if so how did you change the dock icons..

I know [think] you can change them if you go back to the 2D dock, but the default 3D one is, as far as I've heard, locked down.. I would LOVE to be able to change mine..

Yes this is Mountain Lion and it's still possible to change quite a few things in the OS. The iTunes theme is by me, there isn't a retina version yet cause i'm waiting for the rumored UI refresh of iTunes 11 Wednesday, to change the icons grab CandyBar from Panic since it's free now and the menubar mod i will get to you three shortly cause i need to make an installer.

Also if anyone's interested the system wide font i'm using is an updated Calibri i just ported.

Aaron,

I second this.

Please keep us updated on how you got the menubar =)

Done

nocturne_menu_bar_by_killaaaron-d5ed10u.png

:) Il mio attuale Desktop

file://localhost/Users/carlorossi/Desktop/Schermata%2009-2456181%20alle%2009.14.08.png

Upload your image to the internet first