new mexico strange metal

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:04

A team of investigators recently made some “interesting discoveries” at the alleged crash site of a UFO in 1947 near Roswell, New Mexico.

During an interview on the web series Spacing Out!, filmmaker James Fox, who stars in the NatGeo television series Chasing UFOs, hinted that the Chasing UFOs team discovered a piece of metal while searching with metal detectors in the alleged debris field, where in 1947 rancher Mac Brazel told the Air Force he found pieces of a crashed object.

New Mexico Military Institute teacher Frank Kimbler also discovered metal fragments in this area in 2011. Initial tests on those fragments concluded that

“either the lab made an analytical error or the material is not from Earth.”

Fox was not able to confirm whether or not the Chasing UFOs team did any lab tests on the metal sample they discovered. But the team did work with Kimbler during their investigation.

Chasing UFOs premieres on NatGeo on Friday, June 29. The Roswell episode airs Friday, July 13.

source

Attached Images

• roswell_metal.jpg

#2 -KJ

-KJ

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ 

• 3,450 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:20

Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of ruler is that? Or is it just a design?

#3 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:22

^ Is a combo ruler: both inches, centimeters, etc. -- probably metal for outdoor use.

Black & white to make it easy to read.

Metal object found looks about 4.75 inches wide.

#4 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

• 5,597 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:00

Looks like a dirty piece of cloth.

#5 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:13

im pretty sure the Gov as well as thousands of people went over every inch of that place with metal detectors over the past what 70+ years, and all of a sudden a TV Series found something....

i think its something more along the lines of trying publicity for a TV Series that isnt that much watched and could use Viewer increase

#6 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,818 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 16:19

I wonder just what a material would have to be, to qualify as 'alien', not from Earth. :laugh:

#7 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 21:47

I wonder just what a material would have to be, to qualify as 'alien', not from Earth. :laugh:

Stranger than even you can imagine, I suppose. :p

#8 zeta_immersion

zeta_immersion

Neowinian Senior

• 3,204 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 21:53

so that is where my grandma lost her cooking pot ... old woman .. forgot her pills next thing you know some lab cannot analyze charred meat ... pfffff

#9 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,859 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 18:47

I think regardless of whether a UFO crashed or not ppl would have to be stupid to believe that we are the only life or at least intelligent life in the whole universe, becuase what would be the point in going out and exploring space.

#10 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,342 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 05 August 2012 - 18:52

So it's not from Earth. Well, mostly everything on Earth is made from protons, nuetrons and electrons which can be detected in a mass-spectrometer (along with it's anti-particles) so if it's not from earth either it's an incredibly large molecule (which would also be unstable and most probably radioactive, ~50 years mean it could have decayed) or it's something completely different altogether such as using different quarks or mesons or leptops or maybe none of them at all, or could be anti-matter, and maybe it'd blow up/ruin a mass spectrometer...

All of these things mixed means basically it's a load of bull**** and an obvious set-up.

#11 +imachip

imachip

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 18:59

I think regardless of whether a UFO crashed or not ppl would have to be stupid to believe that we are the only life or at least intelligent life in the whole universe, becuase what would be the point in going out and exploring space.

For science.

#12 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,578 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 20:56

The sole point of going into space is not to find intelligent life as the chances of actually coming across intelligent life is pretty slim.

#13 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,462 posts
  • OS: Windows Embedded Standard 8 & Server 2012/08 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 15 September 2012 - 21:00

[media][/medi
Aliens: They fly billions of miles to get here across space.... then they crash... What did he not take the vertical landing part of his flying saucer driving test :rofl:

#14 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

• 3,291 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 21:13

It's perfectly possible we're the only intelligent life in the Universe - even the odds of there being some other simple celled organisms living around the Universe are amazingly tiny, let alone intelligent life forms. Though either way, we do it because we can.

#15 Coolicer

Coolicer

Comrad General

• 319 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Black

Posted 15 September 2012 - 21:26

So it's not from Earth. Well, mostly everything on Earth is made from protons, nuetrons and electrons which can be detected in a mass-spectrometer (along with it's anti-particles) so if it's not from earth either it's an incredibly large molecule (which would also be unstable and most probably radioactive, ~50 years mean it could have decayed) or it's something completely different altogether such as using different quarks or mesons or leptops or maybe none of them at all, or could be anti-matter, and maybe it'd blow up/ruin a mass spectrometer...

All of these things mixed means basically it's a load of bull**** and an obvious set-up.

Seeing that this old thread is getting resurrected and I stumbled upon it, I feel like I have to set something straight.

I'm pretty sure they mean it's a compound or an alloy that "we" never made and thus the lab is unably to identify it. Probably some very rare metals are mixed in it too leading to that conclusion.
I'd say this stuff, if true, is interesting and once again assuming that the government has been in possesion of pieces of debries of such crashes, it wouldn't be much of logical stretch to realize that we have
already started applying the lessons learned from it in military and even consumer technologies. For example some government alloy that is just a little bit tougher than a previously used one.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!