If you thought some of the comments on Neowin are stupid...

http://forwardthinking.pcmag.com/none/299734-google-s-jelly-bean-voice-recognition-vs-apple-s-siri

... have a look at the comments on this review of Siri vs. Google Voice on Jelly Bean.

No way comments like these would be allowed on Neowin, now, would they?

Standards and all that. Good thing too.

These make the trolls on Neowin look like choirboys.

Just about any place on the internet, where comments can be posted, you will see replies like this! It's not a forum, Neowin is a "technical" forum, etiquette and protocol is part and parcel of a site like this, supposedly!

Ha some of those comments are quite funny.

Also I've seem simliar comments posted in threads on this forum as well. Especially in any of the threads that discuss Android and iOS in the same thread.

If I owned that site I'd be embarrassed if that were the calibre of the people who visit..

Standards and all that. Good thing too.

Is this an invitation to come up with worse stuff than I do now? :(

Apple is not dead...yet. If they keep on going like this they will be, have you given a thought why haven't they went against Nokia yet? Like it ain't bad enough for them that they are messing with Samsung.

Comments on the internet are on part with those on the walls of public restrooms..

I don't even read my own ones for that reason :)

The comments on the PCMag article remind me of the Neowin Gamers' Hangout during the height of the console wars to be honest.

Is this an invitation to come up with worse stuff than I do now? :(

Your comments are mostly spot on, in my opinion.

It's just that you do not suffer fools gladly, i.e. I get the feeling that you don't have much of a sense of humour.

I say this with all respect.

The comments on there are a joke. Being a major publication I would have expected them to be better filtered but it seems not.

The comments on there are a joke. Being a major publication I would have expected them to be better filtered but it seems not.

If they filtered out all the bad comments, there would be none left, it seems they rather have idiots commenting than having none

Freakin' Hillarious...

Droid-tard.. never heard that before lol! :p

My favorites:

LMAO. iOS6 already handles those queries directly you silly Droid-tard.

Hey Jingle, has your Android responded to that swipe gesture you did like 10 hours ago

Ahh, the freedom to say what you really think. I'm happy to see there are still places for it. :)

Being able to let loose now and then can be quite cathartic, just make sure you walk away before it starts to have the opposite effect. :laugh:

If you need further evidence that the future of the human race is doomed, read the comments at CNN.com sometime. If that doesn't make you want to pour bleach into the gene pool, nothing will.

People seem to take jabs at their favourite OS as a personal insult.

The funny thing is that the writer was perfectly respectful and provided reasoning for why he preferred Google Voice Search, but people in the comments still went mad. It baffles me why people can't criticise their devices.