#BoycottApple internet protest on fire across Google+, Twitter, Reddit

applelawyers.jpeg

zomg.jpg

this-is-a-funny-look-at-how-android-has-changed-compared-the-iphone-which-is-supposed-to-be-the-innovator.jpg

litigate.jpg

wut.jpg

Maybe this will put to bed the idea that Google+ is a ghost town.

After

Apple won an injunction against the Nexus phone for violation of a search patent, fans took to Google+ to express their outrage. The topic #boycottapple was trending this weekend. The #boycottapple posts are still flowing in.

The gist of the complaints are that Android has been evolving on its own, and Apple's complaints are silly. We've rounded up some of the funniest graphics to come out of #boycottapple.

http://www.businessi...1#ixzz1zUwcWD6L

Btw, the protest/movement has spread to Twitter and Reddit like wildfire.

The photos and comments on so many of them are hilarious.

Nice to see children take their time to boycott this, raising their voices over murdering hundreds of thousands would seem too trivial.

This is surely more important.

Btw, the protest/movement has spread to Twitter and Reddit like wildfire.

The photos and comments on so many of them are hilarious.

This this image says a lot. Apple was way ahead of the game and its just old/stale IMO. Devices have hardly changed software wise and hardware wise. Its just....boring

post-91978-0-03856300-1341265808.png

This this image says a lot. Apple was way ahead of the game and its just old/stale IMO. Devices have hardly changed software wise and hardware wise. Its just....boring

My god, this post is sad. By mentioning boringness you are implying that an important part of your life revolves around phones.

Apple has always proposed standardized designs that span across several product generations. It's called style.

I'll like this on Facebook, maybe we can fix this like we fixed Kony.

I think Kony is actually successful.. all African countries have created a unified military force to hunt Kony. It's a matter of time when they will catch him and the campaign Kony2012 was actually a very big part of that. I think they already caught his second in charge.

A celebrity-backed video that went viral helped make Kony's alleged crimes more widely known. Invisible Children produced the "KONY 2012" half-hour documentary, viewed more than 84 million times on YouTube.

The African Union plans to deploy 5,000 troops to hunt down Joseph Kony, the notorious leader of the Lord's Resistance Army who is wanted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court.

Uganda, the Central African Republic, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo will supply soldiers for the mission, said Francisco Madeira, the African Union's special envoy on the LRA.

He said the mission has support from the United States and 100 combat-ready troops the Pentagon sent to the region in October will assist.

http://articles.cnn....ny?_s=PM:AFRICA

but I digress.

It's about awareness. Awareness puts things in motion by those who can in fact change things.

If anything this will affect Apple's reality distortion field and will cause them some pain in terms of PR. Whether or not it will affect them financially or in some other way is yet to be seen but Apple's biggest weapon is PR and perception and I am almost certain they are not happy about this.

My god, this post is sad. By mentioning boringness you are implying that an important part of your life revolves around phones.

You got all of that off of my voicing my opinion on one minor subject. Good for you!!! :rolleyes:

Apple has always proposed standardized designs that span across several product generations. It's called style.

Style changes and people get bored of things. Otherwise, we will still be wearing bell bottoms have mullets, and drinking Tab.

Nothing can stay the same and survive forever.

This is a larger problem that won't go away until the Courts stop handing out injunctions for ridiculous patents.

But if you think Apple will care (they won't) boycott away.

You got all of that off of my voicing my opinion on one minor subject. Good for you!!! :rolleyes:

No. I got all that from seeing Boz and you post the same kind of things over and over again in these forums... and your signature.

Also, we live in an era where style changes are more gradual and disperse. Bauhaus' legacy has taught us that a very concrete and well rationalized design can be timeless. Braun's Dieter Rams design principles are still applied today.

If you take into account the standardization of design proposed by the modernist designers and later the proposal of "multiple inclusive standards" by postmodern designers then yes and no. Yes, style change, no, it does not supersede former designs.

If you're going to talk about style and how is perceived at least educate yourself. A good start is the book The Industrialization of Design by Caroll Gantz.

No. I got all that from seeing Boz and you post the same kind of things over and over again in these forums... and your signature.

So, whatever is in my sig I spend most of my time thinking about and involved with.

I didnt even bother reading the rest of your post since you assume a lot and imagine things that are not there. I gave my opinion...plane and simple.

So, whatever is in my sig I spend most of my time thinking about and involved with.

You're right. I bet that you put in your signature things that you hate.

I didnt even bother reading the rest of your post since you assume a lot and imagine things that are not there. I gave my opinion...plane and simple.

Right, So you don't read anything that does not agree with you ;)

Kids these days. They don't know what they talk about.

Also, we live in an era where style changes are more gradual and disperse. Bauhaus' legacy has taught us that a very concrete and well rationalized design can be timeless. Braun's Dieter Rams design principles are still applied today.

If you take into account the standardization of design proposed by the modernist designers and later the proposal of "multiple inclusive standards" by postmodern designers then yes and no. Yes, style change, no, it does not supersede former designs.

If you're going to talk about style and how is perceived at least educate yourself. A good start is the book The Industrialization of Design by Caroll Gantz.

i know this is gonna land me in trouble but this pretentious **** is why I dislike apple users

to be fair to apple, the iphone when it came out was very pretty, actually the new iphone is still very pretty... the ios software on the iphone was also very pretty when it was first released... but it hasn't changed the slightest over the past couple of years, its outdated and they should spend more time developing their software instead of suing everything that moves

i know this is gonna land me in trouble but this pretentious **** is why I dislike apple users

to be fair to apple, the iphone when it came out was very pretty, actually the new iphone is still very pretty... the ios software on the iphone was also very pretty when it was first released... but it hasn't changed the slightest over the past couple of years, its outdated and they should spend more time developing their software instead of suing everything that moves

So, knowledge and knowing about what I'm talking about is pretentious?

Read my signature, I'm not an Apple user. In fact, I use the three systems altogether (Windows, Linux and OS X).

Truth hurts.

I wonder what % of the people who post the BoycottApple stuff, do so from an Apple device, but think it's the cool thing to do..

And don't blame Apple for the Patents they get or enforce.. blame the Patent law. Apple wasn't the first to use it, and aren't gonna be the last. They just get the most press because the Apple haters keep jumping on anything Apple, giving it more press than it deserves..

You're right. I bet that you put in your signature things that you hate.

Right, So you don't read anything that does not agree with you ;)

Just because android is in my sig, doesnt mean my life revolves around Android. Yes, I like Android...but my day is not filled with it.

And I didnt read the rest of your post because you tossed out an insult and assuming things that are not there. Hard to have a convo with someone who puts words in your mouth and imagines things.

And call me a kid all you want...again, assuming things since you dont know how old I am. If insults makes you feel better, more power to ya.

So, knowledge and knowing about what I'm talking about is pretentious?

Read my signature, I'm not an Apple user. In fact, I use the three systems altogether (Windows, Linux and OS X).

Truth hurts.

you right, i read your signature after and your a windows and linux AND an apple user, who cares really... i re-read your earlier post and it kind of contradicts itself... firstly you imply the iphone doesn't change much because the design changes over time is more and more subtle, but.... using the logic surely if you take the iphone as a phone then other manufactures such as samsung and htc really can't deviate from that similiar design either and shouldn't be constantly sued ....

oh that truth hurts bit kinda annoyed me, bit childish really...

anywho you don't see car manufactures suing each other cause all there cars a similar design, putting it on that context apple looks a bit silly

And that was my point with my first post here. Some designs never go out of style while some need to change. May be to early to tell if this will happen to Apple...but I know one of Androids success was different choices to choose from (and yes, this has been a problem as well.). But who knows, Apple may still continue to do well with the same look.

P.S. I am not stating that Apple should just release several diff models/designs...just update the one model from time to time. One model has worked well for Apple and wouldnt recommend them changing that.

And don't blame Apple for the Patents they get or enforce.. blame the Patent law.

Of course you can blame Apple. There's something called business ethics you know. Trying to prevent competition and innovation by abusing a flawed patent system is at best unethical.

you right, i read your signature after and your a windows and linux AND an apple user, who cares really... i re-read your earlier post and it kind of contradicts itself... firstly you imply the iphone doesn't change much because the design changes over time is more and more subtle, but.... using the logic surely if you take the iphone as a phone then other manufactures such as samsung and htc really can't deviate from that similiar design either and shouldn't be constantly sued ....

oh that truth hurts bit kinda annoyed me, bit childish really...

anywho you don't see car manufactures suing each other cause all there cars a similar design, putting it on that context apple looks a bit silly

Sorry but I'm not debating about Apple suing everyone. They shouldn't, it's anti-competitive.

I was arguing his "argument" about how Apple designs are boring and should change.

Apple users don't hold the patent on being pretentious, so...