Are you going to upgrade to Windows 8?

147 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to upgrade to Windows 8?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I will as long as the UK price is the same as the rest i.e. $39.99 or UK equivalent, and not an inflated price.

That metro ui start screen is keeping me away from upgrading. Maybe there will be a SP2 for windows 7.

SP2 probably some time in 2013.

Unlikely for me but for those on the fence the uprade is being offered for $40 by MS which covers as far back as XP and Vista

Didn't I answer this already?

Probably, this is the Nth poll asking if people are going to upgrade to Windows 8 - only difference is that it's worded different.

I'll be upgrading. Although like i did with Windows 7. I will dual boot for a while until i am happy with it. Then slowly phase out my windows 7 boot.

I don't know if I'll upgrade. My initial impressions of the OS were tested on my netbook, and the OS is just screaming to run on a touchscreen device. It's priced well at $40, so it's very tempting, but I'm undecided right now. I'll probably end up getting a copy or two anyways, just to have.

I will, the lack of Start Menu bothers me though. I've noticed that some installed programs don't even show in the full apps search screen :/

Probably, this is the Nth poll asking if people are going to upgrade to Windows 8 - only difference is that it's worded different.

Blame Vice, he thought my poll on the same subject had too many options.

I have already literally upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to Win8RP. Where is my option? :p

Seems like you're "Undecided"...

I'm 99% certain that when I first voted in this poll, and when Intrinsica voted, it only had Yes/No options.

Yes for sure, I like Metro, and for ?25, I'm not turning down a faster OS.

Erm $1 usually equaly ?1 so itll be ?40

On my single screen couch computer, I might upgrade. But on my main 4 monitor workstation, it's the Metro start screen that would keep me from downgrading.

Personally, I think the Metro start screen was made for the average (I only use my computer to browse the internet and use facebook) user. It feels liked they tried to dumb windows down, actually made it more complicated in the procces.