Photo

What is a fair tax rate for people on over $1m?

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Poll: What is a fair tax rate for people who make more than $1 Million per year in revenue? (188 member(s) have cast votes)

What is a fair tax rate for people on over $1m?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#196 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• 2,120 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Note ICS

Posted 23 September 2012 - 13:25

Id rather everyone paid a standard rate of tax, but only if govts closed the loop hole on allowing companies (and registered individuals as companies) to register in tax havens and avoid paying their chosen markets tax e.g. Boots in the UK, Amazon etc etc this would recoup billions of tax annually worldwide, allowing punters to pay less tax! vodafone for example got let off with not paying £6bn in taxes in the UK.

way I see it is, If you want to make money in a chosen country, you should have to pay that countries tax on any earnings you make.

http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/targets

#197 Aethec

Aethec

Neowinian Senior

• 2,218 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:08

I didn't notice this before, but the way the last answer is worded implies that the post-WW2 United States were a communist nation :rofl: .

#198 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,097 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:22

Should be the same rate as everyone else, and I say hey, let them have the loopholes and shelters unless you are planning on passing laws to close them for everyone. In short, just because they are rich, doesn't mean they are criminals, or deserve to be fleeced and shook-down for more social engineering and schemes that some politician dreams up to buy more votes in their districts.

If poor people want to become rich, and don't have anyone in their family or inner circle to start them off (inheritance, etc), then it is hard work, not mandatory 'handouts' from the rich that will do it. The current and future generations need to realize this quickly, as it is starting to get out of hand.

#199 tuckeratlarge

tuckeratlarge

You can't polish a turd

• 2,011 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:39

I personally think that whether you earn £100 or £100,000,000 you should pay the same percentage. But pay you must.

I was reading an economists article, I forget where, he said if everybody in the UK paid just 10% - that means everybody, no loop holes or off-shore shenanigans and that goes for companies as well as people, the UK would have a massive boost in tax revenue. Taxes are high because those that would pay a lot don't pay what they should.

That being said, if the idiots in parliament spent the taxes properly we wouldn't be in half as much brown smelly stuff!

#200 Louis

Louis

Webmaster

• 865 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:12

I think percentages shouldn't exist, the government should send you a detailed list of the services it's giving you and a bill to pay for the shared costs, also offering an opt-out option for certain non-essential services.

#201 Aethec

Aethec

Neowinian Senior

• 2,218 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:01

I think percentages shouldn't exist, the government should send you a detailed list of the services it's giving you and a bill to pay for the shared costs, also offering an opt-out option for certain non-essential services.

Opting out means increasing the bill for others. Not an option.