Shocking "white power" Apartheid Linux

I removed the links to this distro for the same reason that the distro is not promoted by LinuxTracker. These guys have the right to build a distro like this, but we don't have to give them a platform here....

No reason Whites can't be proud -- it's OK for anybody else.

There's a problem if a white person believes he or she is superior to all people of another ethnic origin. That's what white supremacists believe.

• Like 1

The distro is built on racial ignorance, why not GNU licensing ignorance to boot?

How it's the GNU license ignorant? :huh:

I take it they learned how to use computers in Alabama now. Lol

Been using computers since 1982, Also we can have a large soda if we want in Alabama.

1658325-tumblr_l5455kbjuq1qczf6zo1_400_1_.jpg

How about White Power Ranger Linux?

Coincidentally (at least considering the title of this thread), the White Ranger's phrase when morphing into the Ninja Ranger was "White Power!"

EDIT: Thread cleaned. Please remember, we don't discuss moderation actions in public, but please feel free to send a personal message to a Supervisor if you have a query.

There's a problem if a white person believes he or she is superior to all people of another ethnic origin. That's what white supremacists believe.

Nothing wrong with a Belief -- as long as you are not forcing it on others. ;)

It's becoming increasingly harder promoting desktop Linux as something serious with so much (white) trash circulating around.

Nothing wrong with a Belief -- as long as you are not forcing it on others. ;)

I completely disagree. Views that lead to harm or discrimination against people who don't deserve to be discriminated against are not acceptable, in my opinion. Those views are the reason millions of people are still oppressed in most countries today, even in more developed nations such as United Kingdom and United States of America.

Everyone is entitled to form and maintain their own opinions, but they shouldn't be exempt from being held accountable (being called "wrong" or being debated against).

• Like 1

I completely disagree. Views that lead to harm or discrimination against people ....

That would fall under 'forcing a Belief on others'.

Everyone is free to think for themselves, and hold whatever Beliefs they choose.

Otherwise you have censorship, and possible dictatorships.

I don't agree with a lot of things others believe in, but I try to respect their free choices.

And if someone had created a Black Power Linux, instead, I doubt this thread would have been made. ;)

• Like 2

Yes, it would. But forcing beliefs on other people is fine in circumstances when their views lead to harm. Enacting laws is the state enforcing their beliefs on us, and that is done for many good reasons. The state passed a law stating that we cannot rape other people, as raping causes harm. People exist who believe raping is fine (I am not one of those people; this is just an example); however, the state is forcing their belief on those people in order to protect others. This concept is the same as what I mentioned in my post?in order to protect others, we must force our beliefs on those causing harm or discrimination.

Everyone is free to think for themselves, and hold whatever Beliefs they choose.

They are, and I pointed that out in my post. But that doesn't mean we cannot force our views on those who hold harmful views, in order to protect innocent people.

That's an extreme example. I'm not promoting totalitarianism or a lack of democracy. In fact, my views lend themselves to democracy very well?if the majority of people believe some people's views are harmful, the majority should force their views on those people, in order to protect others in society (when enacting a law disallowing murder, when passing a law allowing interracial marriage etc.)

I don't agree with a lot of things others believe in, but I try to respect their free choices.

And if someone had created a Black Power Linux, instead, I doubt this thread would have been made. ;)

QFT.

And for the last part: That's exactly it. It's racism if it's whites talking about others.

It's ridiculous, because "anti-racists" are sometimes so racist in their perception of racist or not.

Same can be said about feminists, who supposedly want to fight sexism. :laugh:

They are often the biggest sexists around themselves! :p

People often react extreme.

See something wrong that's extreme, they often "balance" it with their own extreme approaches.

Glassed Silver:mac

In fact, my views lend themselves to democracy very well?if the majority of people believe some people's views are harmful, the majority should force their views on those people, in order to protect others in society (when enacting a law disallowing murder, when passing a law allowing interracial marriage etc.)

^ Well at the risk of shocking you, passing a Law does not stop people from doing many things. ;)

I'm all for accommodating people's feelings as much as possible, without others being hurt.

[. . .]

To add to my previous post, one reason hate speech is against the law (at least in the UK) is because such speech and such views lead to harm. We must force our views upon those people (in this case, the views are forced upon them via the law) in order to protect innocent people from harm.

^ Well at the risk of shocking you, passing a Law does not stop people from doing many things. ;)

[. . .]

Of course I'm aware of that, but that isn't my point. My point is that our views are still forced upon them via the law?we are telling them that they cannot promote their views in public (hate speech), by passing those laws.