Google Now Demo

I don't have iPhone 4S but I don't see any of this voice stuff being useful beyond initial novelty. :/ I occasionally use my phone to voice dial but that's about it.

google has been working for years on more "concept" related search results, and has slowly been introducing them into the main search interface.

remember this for example: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/square-your-search-results-with-google.html

even bing does stuff like this. couple that with voice-to-text recognition and you have siri, etc.

google now seems to go a little beyond, i like the whole cards concept. can't wait to actually test this thing

Siri feels like a gimmick but Google Now actually looks pretty useful. I own the 4S btw.

Unfortunately I am also in the UK, and the UK got shafted with Siri since half the functionality is missing (and lets be honest, it didn't have lots to begin with). We also got stuck with a robotic guys voice (?) instead of the more palatable female one. My major use of Siri is always to set my alarm. Its just easier. Or to note down appointments. However I find Siri can easily get confused with certain words and I end up doing the thing at least 2-3 times and sometimes just give up and input it manually.

I'd like to try Google Now. Am planning to get a Nexus soon but not sure if I should wait.

Maybe its cause I haven't used one properly, but I could only see myself using these voice things when I don't know how to spell something.

They all seem too gimmicky for me. Perhaps I find talking to my phone, rather than someone on the other end, weird.

Maybe its cause I haven't used one properly, but I could only see myself using these voice things when I don't know how to spell something.

They all seem too gimmicky for me. Perhaps I find talking to my phone, rather than someone on the other end, weird.

I find the feature priceless when driving my car and I need to send an sms to my girlfriend or set a reminder about something I'm hearing on the radio for later. And that's just two examples that I use.

I find the feature priceless when driving my car and I need to send an sms to my girlfriend or set a reminder about something I'm hearing on the radio for later. And that's just two examples that I use.

Thats a fair point. Maybe I just don't like change - actually, I can confirm that to the world.

Compared to a voice trained demo (assuming) that appears to be heavily edited (not one take).

one shot not edited comparison side by side. you are in denial!!